Remember that moment in Christmas Story where Ralphie's friend sticks his tongue to the flag pole? After a minute he realizes his tongue has frozen to the pole and starts panicking, "stuck...Stuck...STUCK!!!" I think Reggie had a similar experience today when he realized his leg was caught between the crib slats. Good thing his legs aren't too fat to ease out of there. :)
Brandon's gone all day today with Law Review stuff and then a meet and greet with a local firm. He might get home before bedtime, but probably not. Sigh...Who wishes family wasn't three hours away? Oh yeah, me.
6 comments:
Reggie is so cute! I love all your posts. I had a Dad sitting in the nursing lounge once and the wife had to kick the chair to get him to leave. Awkward!
I am glad that Reggie wasn't stuck for too long. I always wish family lived closer too. Are you ready for another year of school? I can't believe they will be half way at Christmas! Yeah!
I just got a call from Wendy (Rick's sister) she is in Hawaii, why am I not in Vegas--oh yah, I still have kids at home. Hope your day is not too long and that there are not too many more of them--if so give me a call.
Ha ha, that is so funny. I can totally picture the panic that comes with having a body part stuck someplace. Like your head in a stair banister... another story for another day.
So sorry that Brandon is gone all day. That stinks for sure.
I'm the same way! I am a bike-shop widow. It's gotten better, but all day without talking to anyone but your babe gets really lonely. Elinor gets her legs stuck in the crib all the time, but unfortunately her legs ARE too fat! Sometimes she does it to get our attention, though. I am seriously bummed that family is far away, too! We might be coming to Henderson at the end of September--I'll let you know!
Miya got her leg stuck all the time. After a while she just got used to it and slept through it. It got so bad once that before I woke up to get her once of her little legs was purple from the thigh to the toes. After that we switched her to a big girl bed because I didn't want her to loose a leg.
As far as family far away I totally know what you mean. It does get lonely. Our closest family is a 19 hour drive though, and that was without kids so I'd imagine it would be longer with them.
It sure is hard when our husbands are away, isn't it? Jon had an Elders Quorum Presidency service project right after work last night and didn't get home until about 9 PM. James was pretty worried when Daddy didn't come home for dinner. I tried to keep him distracted all evening, but there was much rejoicing when James heard the garage door open! And I can relate to not having any extended family nearby--our closest relatives are over 1100 miles away! It was very nice to go back to Vancouver this month and see everybody (sorry I made you jealous--again. You are so funny! I agree, it's time for you to take a trip back. The weather is great right now.)
I'm glad Reg is ok after his crib crisis. James loves to stick his feet through the slots when he sleeps, but he hasn't gotten stuck yet. :)
Post a Comment