Thursday, September 9, 2010

How I Spent My Labor Day Vacation

Pictures of me. A miracle right?

We enjoyed a nice labor day all together. It was good having a day off to spend with Brandon because it really feels like we didn't get any of those this summer.

We lived it up by going to the MGM to see the lion habitat and the M & M store that is there on the strip.



Apparently on September 1, a trainer was attacked by a lion there in the habitat. You can youtube it if you're really interested. The day we went, they had two lionesses and a baby. The lions ran around for a bit and then snuggled in for a nap. That would be the life. The baby was in a different sectioned off area working hard for the money while tourists got pictures taken with it. We were just glad the place was free and we hadn't paid to go to the Vegas zoo. Let's just say that Reggie won't be working as a lion trainer anytime soon. Oh yeah, and Penny was pooped, thus the drugged look on her face.



Reggie was convinced the M & Ms were going to attack him or eat him or who knows what else. He was clinging on to me for dear life and saying "I'm scary. I'm scary." The store was crazy crowded, but got better as you went up the four levels--yes, there's enough M & Ms merchandise out there to fill four levels. Everything was super overpriced ($1.25 for a regular pack of candy), but I've always said if I find any of those dumb personalized mugs, pencils, shot glasses, or whatever with Reg's name on it, I'm buying it no matter the price. The M & M store did not pull through for me.

Outside the M & M store was Red and Yellow all cute and ready to have pics taken with folks. Reggie wanted absolutely nothing to do with them. I don't think candy maker or Mars marketer are in his future either.

He couldn't take his eyes off the poorly costumed Elmo handing out who knows what (don't take flyers on the strip friends!) or the overweight man dressed up in something pink and frilly shaking his "thang". Go figure.

All in all, good Labor day.

4 comments:

mommaj said...

Glad you got to have some fun. I always wonder why they think little ones like characters--scare the hades out of most of them. Oh the strip, the strip--always something new!

Kelli Burton said...

good to "see you" cute lady.

who wouldn't be afraid of a big blue circular man?? ha ha ha.

Emily Gibbons said...

Hi Emily! I didn't know you had a blog! I saw your comment on Rebecca's. How are you? We've got a blog as well. If you email me with your email address, I'll send you an invite! byugibbons (at) yahoo.com. It'll be good to stay in touch with you again!
Emily Gibbons

Anonymous said...

Haha, I've had such weird dreams lately so now you doomed me to have nightmares about giant m&ms