Mostly, Brandon's concerns were that Reggie would be totally freaked out by everything and that he would end up carrying Reg all through the park. To try and prevent this, I talked up Disneyland with Reggie everyday until it was time to go.
The day before we left, I was again going over how great Disneyland would be because that was where Mickey and Minnie and Pluto lived and how fun it would be to see their houses. Reggie was excited and asked "Will Jesus be there?"
Uh, no.
But upon getting there, it felt like EVERYONE had picked that day to go to Disneyland too.
I have never seen such a crowd. Like an hour to get on Small World kind of crowd. Even though it was all decorated for Christmas, we opted out of Small World.
The first thing we did was head to Toon Town. I remember going to Toon Town as a tween and thinking it was lame-o. As a grown up with a toddler, I thought Toon Town was heaven sent. The little houses with Reggie sized furniture, a playground at Goofy's house, and a "quiet" bench that was somewhat secluded where I could nurse Penny without having to trek all the way back to the baby station made the place pretty perfect.
Our first stop was through Mickey's house. Reggie was all bright eyed when we actually met Mickey at the end. We also met Minnie and saw Goofy from a distance.
Then we realized that we outta go get a fast pass for something since the crowds were insane. So we hoofed over to Critter Country and ran into Jessie and Woody from Toy Story. Reggie has watched Toy Story 3 so many times that he was beyond excited to get a chance to see them up close.
Penny did not feel the same way.

By the time we finally got fast passes for Splash Mountain, it was time for lunch. We had seriously gone the whole morning without getting on a single ride. Curse the crowds.
Reggie at least got a nap.
After lunch we hit up the rides--except in the end it only turned out to be about 5 that we actually made it on. We tried to get on Autopia, but someone had gotten out of their car on the course so the whole ride had to be shut down.
We did get on some kiddie rides and the train. We also tortured Reggie through Pirates and Haunted Mansion. Yes, we are cruel. I wish I had video of Reggie's scream and face during the two tiny dips on Pirates. It made the trip for me and Brandon. :)
The grown-ups, minus my mom, went on Splash Mountain with three other adults. Needless to say, we made a HUGE splash at the bottom and the poor girl in the front probably went under water.
We also saw the parade and the Christmas lights.
We finished out the night with Mater and Minnie stuffed animals for the kiddos. Somehow Reggie has claimed Minnie as his, but after seeing him chewing on it, I have safely hidden it for Penny.
And here we are exhausted.
But look at that cheese grin. Reggie loved it! If you asked if he wants to go back, he'd say yes. If you asked if he wants to go on the rides, he'd say no. If you asked Reggie what his favorite part was he would probably say the train and the "Woody Bus"--yeah, that we be the bus that took us from the parking lot to the park. :)
And a huge thanks to these two for a great day in the crowd-iest, I mean happiest place on earth.
Someday we'll go back. On a random Tuesday. In February.
8 comments:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! It's funny because at my dad's the other day I picked up a pile of pictures and in it was a picture of your parents from when we were like 7 maybe.
Hahaha, will Jesus be there?! Very cute.
So glad you guys got to go. Tell your parents again, thanks for sharing and the strawberries are FabuLous!
I'm so jealous! We almost went with Jacob's parents last Summer, except I was worried about driving all the way with our kids. And it was August, and nobody wants to go to Disneyland in August.
Fun! And I love the Jesus question. ;)
3 things.
totally get Brandon's hesitation to go.
your parents are dears.
and you look fab.
Looks like a fun trip even if there were tons of crowds. Barry and I absolutely LOVE that picture of Reggie on the slide.
I've been to Disneyland many many times in my life and I've never seen it NOT crowded. It's just that popular of a place! Some days are worse then others though. Hopefully you'll luck out next time.
Post a Comment