Are you tired of hearing about potty training on my blog? Believe me, I'm tired of writing about it. One last post. Until we start in on Penny.
In September 2010 we tried potty training Reggie. Total fail. He was two and a half and just not able to control things yet. Or something like that. Anyways, we tried for three weeks and quit. All the ladies in the ward told me to try again when he was three.
Right after Christmas and a few weeks before his third birthday, Reggie basically potty trained himself. It took one night of me taking him to the potty when I saw he needed to go, and then he was good to go. Nighttime too. It was awesome. Except for the number two part. Let's just say Miralax and Fleet have been a constant companion this past year. And if you don't know those brands, consider yourself blessed.
Now, just before Christmas and a few weeks before his fourth birthday, I think it's safe to say that whatever psychological battle he was having about doing numero dos in the potty is over. Thank heavens. Cuz it feels like we've been potty training for two years.
Here's hoping he doesn't regress AT ALL when we go to California in a week. Or when the new baby comes.
And P, she sits on the potty once or twice a day. And she asks to. It's very strange. :)
3 comments:
Oh man, I'm so not excited for potty training! Evan is starting to show interest and asks me everyday for a little blue potty that he can use. But there's no way I'm starting that just a few weeks before Baby Sister's arrival! Glad to hear Reg is doing better!
YAY!!!!!! I am proud of you both and Penny! We will try not to mess him up when he comes here--but please hurry and come here! Wise move Brittnie!
Yay Reg! Glad to hear that Reggie finally figured it out!
Post a Comment