The wedding was in California, and we were going to drive down after Brandon worked for half the day in the office. About an hour before he was supposed to come home and we were supposed to get in the car and be off, Colby grabbed my straightener while it was still hot and got second degree burns on both hands. Awful. I tried sticking them in any cold water I could find--including the pool--but the poor guy was in a lot of pain. I ended up taking all three kids to urgent care while Brandon was driving home from work. He picked up the big kids at urgent care, finished packing for me, and once Colby was discharged we left for the wedding. And just a note if you're curious--they don't do anything for a baby with burns like that. They reason that bandaging them would drive the baby nuts and putting the silver ointment stuff on is not safe for ingestion or would be painful if the baby got it in their eyes. Thankfully my urgent care copay is cheap.
So we finally made it to the wedding dinner and looked like a bunch of hot messes since the plan was to get to Brandon's parent's house with plenty of time to clean up and change clothes. Oops.
Anyways, here's the pics.
And something funny from that day--it started to rain while we were waiting for the bride and groom to come out and take pictures. I had spent the morning straightening my hair and once the drizzly rain came, my nicely straightened hair started to revert to it's natural, curly state. I said something like "AHH! My hair is curling!" to which Brandon's little sister, who had spent time that morning curling her hair said "AHH! My hair is straightening!" Someday we'll all accept our hair in it's natural state.




1 comment:
Poor Colby, I was so grateful you made the trip anyway--I know it had to be a long drive with a baby in pain. Love the picture of him all smiles the next day with grandpa! The kids sure looked cute in their wedding attire. Thanks to Reg for being a good sport and wearing a tie!
Post a Comment