We survived another week. I'll just give a day by day run down. :)
Monday-Brandon was able to stay home again for New Year's Day observed! I honestly can't remember what we did except that we grabbed pizza and watched college football. I'm sure we were productive, but I'm not totally sure. Haha!
Tuesday-Back to school for everyone! Hallelujah! I was all ready for getting back to the daily schedule including piano lessons, but then Reggie came home, went straight to the bathroom and threw up. With the way he was talking and acting, I suspected another round of strep. Oh boy. Piano is cancelled. Penny did go to dance and from what I could hear from upstairs as I waited downstairs, it sounds like the girls were focused and learned some new steps.
Wednesday-Got Reggie in to see the doctor, and yep, round 2 of strep. This time we're trying a different antibiotic and crossing our fingers that it works better. Because he was feeling crummy, we skipped scouts and I cancelled piano.
Thursday-Tommy officially hit 18 months! Reggie had to stay home again this day because he was still considered contagious until 24 hours after his first dose of antibiotic. He was getting stir crazy, and I was getting stir crazy. Strep is awful, but the turn around is pretty quick once you get an antibiotic in you. I cancelled piano, but got to get out for Bunco. Hallelujah!
Friday-Back to school for Reggie! Wohoo! And piano students for me! We had planned to have Reggie's birthday party this night, but strep cancelled those plans. Instead, we've decided to take each kid out on their birthday for a Mom and Dad (and for this time, Tommy) date. We dropped Penny and Colby off to Uncle Bryant and Aunt Julie, and took the big boy and the baby boy to In N Out, which was his pick. He ate a double double animal style with cheese, fries, and a strawberry shake. I think he was making up for lost calories (poor kid has dropped to 50 lbs with all the strep. He was a whopping 53 maybe before). After eating, we ran into Lowe's to grab some tools for his pinewood derby race that will be at the end of the month.
Saturday-It was cold. But it was also Reggie's birthday!!! He turned 9. We woke up and got a few things done and then headed over to Reggie's first football game of the winter season. Our team only has 8 players this time, and two were missing. Reggie got to play every second. He didn't get a touchdown, but he did have a great run for a first down and even though the other team was bigger, we somehow pulled out a win. After the game, we came home for a mellow afternoon. Brandon and I worked on painting grout for a couple of hours, and then we headed to Subway to pick up dinner. After dinner, Bryant and Julie came over for cake and presents. He got a Lego set, some rockets, new bedding, and some clothes.
Sunday-Tommy went to nursery for the first time by himself. How the heck is he 18 months old? He did great. They said he cried for a minute, but snuggled up with Melissa Oldroyd until he felt better. Reggie fasted until church was over for the first time too. They also announced that our ward boundaries will be redrawn (basically), and we'll find out the details next week.
And finally today, another Monday-P woke up with a sore throat. I kept her home and called my brother for a antibiotic. I've spent way more on copays these last two weeks and decided to save myself a doctor appt, especially because I'll be there on Wednesday with Tommy. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold; hopefully it's a mild one. :)
Until next week. And I think my goal of blogging on Sunday needs to be officially changed to blogging on Monday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment