I'm trying little blog. I'm trying. :)
This week we'll go for a run down person by person. Let's begin.
Tommy--He's a happy little clam as long as he can be outside. Last week was cold, but this week is mid 60's and we might even make it to the 70's and it's perfect for leaving the back door open and letting TJ roam around. It's made piano lessons so much better and he's just happier in general. He likes to ride in the police car and dig in the dirt. Such a little boy.
Colby--He was special person last week at preschool and had a field trip to the library. He had a couple nights of super strange sleep (up at 1:00 am and never went back to sleep and up at 3:00 am and never went back to sleep), but last night was normal. I remember Reggie having a little bit of insomnia in kindergarten, so maybe that's what was going on. I don't know for sure. His soccer team will start practicing again in a couple of weeks, and he is so excited. He's also been into science experiments lately, which has been fun.
Penny--She got her first report card for first grade and got all A's. She also made it to the final round of the 1st grade girls four square tournament. She is motivated with dance and after watching tonight's dance class, I have to say she's come a long ways. She's still a little sloppy and off balance, but so much better than September. Her first dance competition is April 8. I have her kilt and vest. We still need to track down shoes and socks and whatever it is she wears under her vest. I have no idea. :)
Reggie--He also got his first report card for third grade and got all A's. Unfortunately he did not make the 3rd grade boys four square finals. He was devastated and then crushed when he learned P had made hers. He was also bummed out to learn that he didn't make it into the gifted and talented program. His last football game was awesome. He scored twice and was playing great defense. He came home all scratched up from diving for flags on the dead grass. He's always been great on offense and has been MVP every year, but it's fun to see him improve and really try at defense. He says he's going for defensive MVP this year and he might have a chance of making it. We'll see.
Me--I've been called to be the Young Woman secretary in our ward. It's fun to be back in YW again and I've never been the secretary of an organization so I'm learning new things. My piano students have been great lately. We have a recital coming up and I've been so impressed with everyone's enthusiasm and effort as we learn new, harder songs. The recital is going to be great.
Brandon--He's still in the Stake Young Men's program, but as the secretary this time. He's actually at a meeting now. They are still having him teach the twice a month mission prep class, and I know he really enjoys that. Work is slow, but hopefully will pick up soon. He was able to fix our washing machine pretty easily after getting the part on Amazon and helped Reggie make a pretty awesome "skateboard" for his scout troop's pinewood derby.
And I think that's it. Phew!
1 comment:
What a crazy year! Glad that everyone is feeling better finally. Love to hear the progress everyone is making in sports and school.
Post a Comment