So I saw the doctor again today. She said the baby and I are the perfect picture of health (ok, she didn't really say that, but she did say we're both healthy). She approved an upcoming rafting trip, so now I just need to decide if my bladder can hold out four hours while I meander down the Salmon River. :) I think I'll make it. If not, I can repeat what one of my three year old preschoolers said to me the other day: "I can't believe it! I peed my pants!" I'm sure the guide would love that.
But back to the doctor. She said now is the time to start gaining some weight. I weighed myself at a friends house the other day and the digital scale said 157. Now, my pants are getting tighter, but not that tighter! So I was surprised today when they weighed me to see my pre-pregnancy weight staring back at me. I felt a little cheated, like all those extra calories I'm ingesting have been a waste! (Someone be sure to quote me on this one when I'm complaining of carrying too much weight!)
So there you go. Another exciting and quick doctor's trip. Next visit will be in Kansas, and we'll get to find out the sex of the baby. Oh, and they finally decided that January 9th was my due date. Hallelujah!
3 comments:
Have you had any cravings? I used to crave hamburgers. Plain with just the patty and the bun.
Emily! This is Jordan Hansen. I'm so happy you have joined the blogging world. I am going to have so much fun watching how you and Brandon handle the first year of law school in Kansas. We will definitely have to share first-year-widow stories! Definitely keep us updated on your blog!
Hey Emily! This is Rebecca Cox. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Don't worry about not gaining weight yet--By the time the ultrasound came around for me, I was still 8 pounds BELOW my pre-pregrancy weight! I still ended up gaining 24 pounds, all of which has now come off (plus an extra five; breastfeeding is great!)
For some reason, my profile isn't showing my blog--its jonandrebeccacox.blogspot.com
P.S. I love the purple :)
Post a Comment