Thursday, July 19, 2007

Uh Oh!

So I realize I already posted this week, and I don't want to do overkill, but I have to tell you about little Merritt in my class. Today was his birthday...the big five years old. He was so excited, he peed his pants. Not a huge deal; he's a repeat offender in this area. In fact, just for him, I typically keep an extra pair of unders and shorts, just to be safe. Well, today was no different, so I sent him into the bathroom with a bag and the new dry clothes. Lest you think I'm a cruel teacher to not go with him to make sure things are ok I should explain that I'm the only teacher in my classroom and would be fired if I left 13 children unattended while I helped Merritt. Anyways, he made it down the hall, into the bathroom, took off the wet clothes, put on the new underwear, and peed his pants AGAIN!!! I am thinking, "Are you kidding me?!? A toilet was right there!" Well, it gotten taken care of (big thank you to the office staff!), and he still had a great birthday at preschool. Some people's children. ;)

No comments: