Today was my first visit with the new doctor. Her name is Kimberly Farmer, and I think I'll like her. I got her name just off my list of doctors my insurance would cover and not from a referral, so I was a little worried, but it looks like it will work out. Apparently Las Vegas has had a real problem with keeping OB/GYN's because the state's liability insurance for the doctors is so high. All the doctors people referred me to wouldn't accept me because I'm too far along or they were full. I'm glad all this seems to be sorted out now.
Anyways, I've finally gained some weight, which is good, and the baby's heartbeat is nice and strong. The doctor was pushing all around my belly, and the baby was squirming like crazy! For reals, I was thinking "settle down now!", but even though it is weird, it is amazing to feel our baby moving around inside me. My ultrasound is scheduled for September 5th, and I can hardly wait!
Today also marks the first day of becoming a "law school widow". Tear. No, it's not that bad. Brandon officially started orientation today and has been at the school since 3-ish. He's not scheduled to leave until 9:30! Tomorrow's orientation is about the same hours, and then he'll get a little break from the night life. I'm so excited for him and can't wait to hear how everything went tonight for him. It was awesome as a teacher to watch a student learn to read or put math concepts together, but it's even better to see Brandon excited and moving in the right direction towards his goals. I love you Brandon!
1 comment:
Hey Emily! Clay started orientation last Friday and they sure are keeping him busy. Classes don't even start until Thursday, but he already has case briefings every night and reading assignments. They weren't kidding about the widow stuff! It is exciting though, to see him finally here. I can't wait to share more stories with you!
Post a Comment