Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Whole New Form of Misery

So we just got back from a great vacation up to Redfish Lake in Idaho. I wish this computer was more of a stallion so I could post pictures, but alas, not yet. The new computer is ordered and should be waiting for us in Kansas. Get excited! Anyways, along with fond memories of white water rafting, hiking, boating, and the freezing cold lake water, I also brought home with me a bad head cold. Now, having worked at a doctor's office for 5 years, I've got a pretty standard regime of medication I like to take when I get sick. However, being pregnant, all those wonderful, beautiful, and pain-relieving meds are off limits! AHHHH!!! I am trying to just suffer it out without breaking down and buying what is safe for the baby, and so far it's been miserable, but manageable. Hopefully the worst is behind me and it's all up from here.

4 comments:

Julie said...

So what's going to happen to your computer if you're not going to Kansas, are they going to change the shipping or is someone there going to help you out? Anyway, I can't wait to see pictures, congrats on the UNLV move!

Unknown said...

we changed the shipping to go to brandon's parents' house. so we might have to make a little weekend trip to california to pick it up.

Unknown said...

p.s. brandon is really emily. i don't know why it posted under his name. weird.

Jon Becca James said...

Don't worry about taking Benadryl--it's safe! My doctor told me that all over-the-counter cold medicines (except ones with asprin or IB profen) are OTC because they are safe to take during pregnancy. If you have any doubts, call the Pregnancy Riskline 1-800-822-2229 or visit them at www.pregnancyriskline.org