Wednesday, October 17, 2007

And the worst thing about pregnancy is...

I've narrowed down a top ten list of my opinions. Humor me for a minute.

10. Excessive fatigue. I hear sleep becomes a memory once the baby comes. Have I ever mentioned I'm an excellent sleeper and will really miss the good ol' days of 12 hours of sleep?

9. Excessive hunger. I do enjoy my newfound appetite, but I don't enjoy that 30 minutes after eating, I'm ready to eat again. It's hard on the grocery budget. :)

8. Getting out of bed. Now I'm not talking about being tired; I'm talking about physically getting out of bed. Who knew something that was so easy would now be such an act.

7. My students touching my belly. All those dirty, stinky, sticky hands.....need I say more.

6. People I don't know touching my belly. This has only happened once, and I was not a fan.

5. Being warm ALL the time. My classroom is kept at 72 degrees. My poor students wear these wool sweaters because I keep the air on all day. To be honest, 72 is a compromise. I would go down to 68 if I could...

4. Figuring out insurance issues. Please. My pregnant brain can't take all that mumbo jumbo.

3. Charlie Horses. They hurt so bad. :(

2. Getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I HATE this!!! Anything that disrupts my sleep is definitely on my list...especially now that getting out of bed is such an ordeal.

1. Weight gain. For reals, this is my number one. I don't think it would be such a big deal if we had a scale at home and I could see my weight gain in a more gradual way, but we don't. Every time I go to the doctor's office and step on the scale (which so far as been once a month...those day sare now over apparently) it seems like such a drastic jump because the last time I was weighed was 4 weeks ago. Lame number one, I know...but I really don't like it.

I promise pictures of the six month belly for my next post.

4 comments:

Julie said...

That's so funny because it's totally true. Especially the eating thing with me. I couldn't get enough. I just hating getting up and fixing something. So I'd sigh with frustration and Aaron would say, "Let me guess, you're hungry?"

I didn't compromise with the heat. Aaron's such an penny pincher that he didn't mind not having the heat up in the winter.

I totally agree with you on the getting up to pee thing. It was worse when Spencer was so small and I was pregnant again. Because he would wake me up and even if I peed then I would wake up between feedings to have to go again. I didn't sleep much.

kiley said...

I think your scaring all of women who haven't been pregnant before. Maybe you should post a top 10 best things... or maybe it would be easier to come up with the top 10 best things POST pregnancy. I'm sure it will all be worth it after your little boy is here. We need pictures!

lisa said...

You are so funny. I hated being pregnant too. I just found out that you had a blog. I'm so excited because I've been wondering what was going on with you guys. congrats on the pregnancy. When are you due?

Josh, Janae, and Ainslie said...

I just came across your blog, through other 99th warders. You look so cute. I totally sympathize with the pregancy woes. The good thing is normal comes back and it's so worth it :)
Janae