Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Like a Rhinestone Cowboy



Brandon's dad celebrated his birthday yesterday and this picture was used for his card. Reg couldn't decide if he should go "cowboy casual" or something more formal for the event. The boots are Brandon's from when he was a little. I was planning on just having that be the card, but Brandon got excited with photoshop and this is what we ended up with. I think the grandparents are a little concerned. :)

In other news, we have officially started sleep training. I had been a little reluctant to do it, but after reading other people's blogs who had babies around the same time as I did and hearing how it was going for them, I decided it was time. I'm using the method from the book Sleeping Through the Night by Jodi A. Mindell. It advertises that it's a gentler "cry it out" kind of method and says that by the third night crying after being put down is at a minimum. Well, tonight is night number three, and Reg went to bed with no fussing. Actually, the whole thing hasn't been as bad as I thought. The first night he fussed for 15 minutes (the book has you go check on them as often as you want, but make the visits boring and uneventful), last night maybe a minute, and tonight nothing. I am sure there will be off nights still- I mean, it is only night number 3, but I am impressed. :) Here's hoping we're on the way to sleeping through the night. Heaven knows my sanity needs it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet picture. It looks like you added a few things. I don't think I have seen his neck yet.

kristen said...

oh seriously emily- best thing ever. we started soph at 3 months and she has slept 12 hour nights ever since! i get so much "me" time i love it!

Harmoni Osborn said...

Do you by any chance remember if this book mentions help w/ twins' sleep patters? :p)

Harmoni Osborn said...

This is AWESOME!!! :p)