Thursday, April 3, 2008

This Week's Update

It's been a tiring week. I don't think we've had a good night sleep since Sunday night. It's like he's figured out what's going on with putting him to bed awake and he isn't a fan. We're being "reprimanded" by Reg with night wakings every 1 or 2 hours. YIKES!!! I'm not expecting him to sleep through the night. I know that breast milk digests quicker, and he gets hungry faster, but I do expect to go to sleep and not have to wake up an hour later! I never knew that mothering could be so frustrating!

But with all the frustrations of the sleep issues this week, we have some good news. Reggie laughs. It's pretty cute--especially considering that a rousing rendition of "We Will Rock You" is what produced the giggles!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I also miss sleep...Sorry Reg has been up so much! Elinor just had her 6 month and the doctor said that most infants sleep through the night at this stage so eventually you should have a respite!

Rachel said...

Sorry about the lack of sleep. Hopefully Reggie is not up as often now! A trick that seems to work for me is to nurse Caralyn an "extra" time right before bed. It's usually only 1 1/2 to 2 hours after Caralyn last nursed (she eats every 3 hours), and most of the time she falls asleep while nursing. This way she's already asleep and her belly is full. It works most nights.
Good luck!