Sunday, April 6, 2008

Faith

Every conference Sunday, I have faith. I have faith in the brethren that have been called by the Lord-that the things that they have prepared to speak are the things that the Lord would have me hear. I have faith that my life will be blessed by listening and applying the things that I learn into my life over the next 6 months until the next conference.

And I have faith that my conference streusel cake will turn out one more time. :)

Conference Streusel Cake
(It's a Lowder Family tradition that my family has been doing ever since I can remember. I have continued it in our little family.)

1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
3 t. baking powder
1/3 t. salt
1 egg (beaten)
1/4 c. shortening
3/4 c. milk

1/2 c. brown sugar
2 t. cinnamon
2 T. flour
2 T. butter (melted)

In a greased 8 x 8 pan, pour half of cake batter. Sprinkle half of streusel topping. Repeat. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. (That's where faith comes in. It looks like it's never going to cook in the middle and then it does. It's a miracle!)

2 comments:

Mari said...

I have to admit that I was shocked when I read this blog because this was one tradition that Tyson never told me about. You know how he is about traditions. Your mom even asks him if we do it and still i never knew! Well, the streusel is in the oven; the tradition continues on!

Harmoni Osborn said...

That sounds SO yummy!!!

And I love your blog name!! How cute and creative!!! :p)