Yesterday I indulged in some "retail therapy." Happy Mother's Day to me! Really though, I think I tried on half of Target's clothes not once but TWICE! The poor dressing rooms associates probably were cursing my name when they saw me coming. Even Reg was probably cursing my name by the end. All those trips to the dressing room-being lifted up and down off of the cart-made him a little cranky. He was rewarded with a new toy, and as far as I can tell, he enjoys it.
But with all the shopping and trying things on, I had some realizations about my post-pregnancy body. While the scale may say "I'm back," things have definitely changed. There's the obvious-the big scar marking my incision, and then there's the not so obvious-all the hair I'm losing (that is definitely weird!). Even my shopping habits have changed. Trying on shirts, I was thinking "This fits, but a bigger size would make it easier to breast-feed." Trying on shorts, I was thinking "I wonder how easily spit up/slobber/poop/etc. will come out of this?"
In the end, I came away with three shirts, a pair of shorts, and...
An itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-TANKINI.
(So it's really not itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny, but it is a yellow-polka-dot tankini. I couldn't resist!)
4 comments:
I loved that honest tribute to mommyland and you should feel great because I still don't have my pre-mommy body back. Even with diet and exercise I'm beginning to wonder if after two in a row it's lost forever. It's good you looked for tough shorts. I ruined all three pairs of shorts I own last summer as a result of my kiddos maybe this year I'll get something tougher.
Ah the joys of motherhood! I've finally resigned myself to the fact that my body will never, ever be the same. Sad, but true. Your yellow polka dot tankini sounds cute. We'll have to go swimming again soon.
I want a tankini! It sounds adorable.
I can't believe that you are only 4 months post-partum and are comfortable in a tankini! I tried on a bunch of tankinis last year, but couldn't find one long enough for my torso--and I wasn't about to show off my post-pregnancy stretch marks and flab! Congratulations on your find, and I am glad that Reg has recovered from your trip.
Post a Comment