Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You Have to Crawl Before You Can Walk

Yesterday Reggie crawled. It was not a pretty sight. The poor kid DOES NOT like the crawling position, and I had taken all his toys and moved them to the other side of the room. In a fit of screaming rage (it was dramatic, but maybe not that dramatic), Reggie crawled across his bedroom.

I excitedly called Brandon and the grandmas to tell them the good news.

Last night, Reggie crawled a little bit for Brandon. We tried to get some video of it, but deleted it after playing back the screaming rage that is crawling at our house and decided it was too pathetic.

Well, this morning I've put Reg on all fours a few times, but the little bugger has figured out how to get out of the position and back up to sitting. Our crawling days may be over before they had really begun. Oh well...

We do have video of a much happier baby pulling himself up to the couch and cruising along the furniture. Maybe we'll post that a bit later.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Ha ha, that's funny! It's so funny how babies are so different and know what they do and do not want to do. It'd be fun to see his video cruising along the furniture. Maybe you'll have a little walker before you know it!

Becca said...

It's exciting to watch your child take his first crawling paces. James took a few weeks to get from his first tummy-off-the-ground pace to crawling all over the place, and I loved watching every minute of it! It was like I could see the wheels in his brain working as he studied another kid crawl at Church and then go home and practice it. So enjoy these moments watching Reg gain mobility. He'll be running and jumping and climbing soon enough, and then you'll have all these happy memories to look back on of the unique process he took to get there.

Jenn said...

Some babies just don't dig the crawling phase and skip it altogether. One nephew never crawled- he elephant walked (straight legs rather than knees bent). It was pretty cute!

mommaj said...

Congrats! He is so wonderful. He will pick it up soon and then . . . just remember how cute he is when he is asleep.

Becca said...

Thanks, Em, for your comment on my blog. I really appreciate your comment, and I did enjoy reading it. I do know Dr. Foltz--he was my doctor for a year of two. Your brother sounds like a great guy. As for consequences of refusing my doctor's order, I was told that in this case it was my choice.