Reg has been such a good eater and so content with baby food. I don't know what we would have done if at 6 months he decided pureed food was disgusting. He still likes his pureed food enough, but we can tell from his new whining skills and grouchiness around mealtime, that he is gearing up for something a little more substantial.
Ta da! Thus enters "Table Food."
I have been looking forward to this day so that I could just make something, and we all could eat it. But after doing it for awhile, I'm decided this whole table food business is not all it's cracked up to be.
I spend FOREVER every morning feeding him a little bit of a pancake. In the end, I usually get bored and eat what he doesn't finish. Thank heavens for yogurt. That goes MUCH quicker. I might branch out and try a little scrambled egg soon. That is after all the pancakes are gone. :)
Lunch time is an adventure. Yesterday we overcooked some mini elbow macaroni noodles so they would be really soft. It took forever to feed him maybe a tablespoons worth of noodles, cut into thirds no less, and then one got caught on the back of his tongue and he ended up gagging and throwing up everything he had eaten. I finally did find a good use for the nasty pockets at the bottom of bibs--to catch what is being regurgitated. At lunch we're grateful for applesauce. He can keep that down just fine.
Snack consists of crackers, cheerios, those Gerber puffs (bless them!) and maybe a little bit of fruit/yogurt, bread, or whatever we haven't already eaten that day. We learned the hard way that this kid does not like bananas. I will leave it at that.
I haven't really moved away from baby food yet at dinnertime. I want to make sure there is one meal where he's getting everything I give him into his little tummy, and so far, he doesn't seem to mind pureed as his final meal of the day.
What table foods did you start your little one on first?
6 comments:
Hey this is Megan Warren. Anyways, Dax is always a fan of the fruit. Peaches, Pears, okay every kind of fruit basically that I give him.
I personally witnessed the pancake table food--it did look like a lot of work and it did take a long time--he enjoyed the syrup though. Maybe mashed potatoes, the scramble egg looked like a good idea. I guess that leaves us ice cream and donuts!
If you guys were in California for Christmas we could try some Reeds Dairy products on him. My baby LOVES Reed's chocolate milk! Its good to hear that Reg is a happy eater. We love Reg!
Ahh, starting to feed the babies real food is always so hard for me. I'm trying to give Myer more things then just the purred baby foods so he can get use to other textures and tastes. But I haven't branched off too far. Tonight he had some of our mashed potatoes and we had some green beans so I broke off tiny little chunks to let him gnaw on. I remember I had the hardest time starting new foods with Kenner and I wish I would've written down somewhere the type of things I was feeding him and at what age because now I feel like I'm starting all over again and have never done this before. But only a few more months until they are one :( so he can't drink a bottle forever, it's so much easier though. Anyways, good luck check out the babycenter.com or other sites online always have good suggestions on things to feed them.
So I'm guessing I should just enjoy my breastfeeding baby while it lasts?
Applesauce, canned vegetables(they're super soft), I would even make those prepackaged oatmeal with fruit and just make it really liquidy! Have fun!
Post a Comment