Hey not that I can be much help cause I am doing the same thing right now.... but I have stopped nursing Dax during the day and offering the milk in the sippy cup ALOT. He is drinking about a sippy cup a day but hopefully that will change soon. If you find something that works. Let me know cause I am open for suggestions as well.
I was just going to ask you how that was going. Sorry I can't offer any advice--Elinor weaned herself by 6 months. She was just done. I wasn't ready to be done, but what can you do? Good luck!
I started nursing Allen morning and night only for a while. Once he was used to that I took away the morning feeding- then the night feeding a few weeks later. I gave him a sippy cup instead and he okay with that. Weening him was actually really easy. I hope it goes that well with Brigham. Because I did it gradually like that it didn't hurt for me at all either. After the last feeding I didn't have a problem with engorgement or clogged ducts or anything. Good luck!
The twins didn't really care where their milk came from, so it wasn't hard for them, but they were 6 months old, so I had to wean them to a bottle... then to a sippy cup at a year. I found Nuby cups at walmart that had soft spouts like a nipple so they could get the hang of a sippy cup. Now they use normal no-spill ones just fine. My problem was engorgement, even though I only cut one feeding a week. So I used cabbage leaves. You smell like a day-old salad bar, but it worked. I also heard you can take some kind of anti-histamine to dry up, but I didn't like that idea at all. Sounds too uncontrollable. Good luck!
6 comments:
Hey not that I can be much help cause I am doing the same thing right now.... but I have stopped nursing Dax during the day and offering the milk in the sippy cup ALOT. He is drinking about a sippy cup a day but hopefully that will change soon. If you find something that works. Let me know cause I am open for suggestions as well.
I was just going to ask you how that was going. Sorry I can't offer any advice--Elinor weaned herself by 6 months. She was just done. I wasn't ready to be done, but what can you do? Good luck!
I started nursing Allen morning and night only for a while. Once he was used to that I took away the morning feeding- then the night feeding a few weeks later. I gave him a sippy cup instead and he okay with that. Weening him was actually really easy. I hope it goes that well with Brigham.
Because I did it gradually like that it didn't hurt for me at all either. After the last feeding I didn't have a problem with engorgement or clogged ducts or anything.
Good luck!
The twins didn't really care where their milk came from, so it wasn't hard for them, but they were 6 months old, so I had to wean them to a bottle... then to a sippy cup at a year. I found Nuby cups at walmart that had soft spouts like a nipple so they could get the hang of a sippy cup. Now they use normal no-spill ones just fine.
My problem was engorgement, even though I only cut one feeding a week. So I used cabbage leaves. You smell like a day-old salad bar, but it worked. I also heard you can take some kind of anti-histamine to dry up, but I didn't like that idea at all. Sounds too uncontrollable. Good luck!
I took a month to wean. I started skipping one feeding for a week and then two the next and so on. It was a pretty good method for me.
Try screaming into a towel--
Post a Comment