Sunday, August 23, 2009

School

BTW, I hit 200 posts 2 posts ago. That's a lot of blogging. Hooray for me!

But onto today's subject.

School starts tomorrow. This is the LAST first day of school we'll probably have until Reg starts. Can I get a big WAHOO!!! from all you readers?!?!

But mingled in the excitement and anticipation of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel getting brighter and brighter, there is a teeny-tiny-itsy-bitsy twinge of sadness.

The end of law school means no more 7-4:30 days since Brandon will probably be slaving away at some firm putting in his dues. It means no more Fridays off. :( It means no more 5 week Christmas break and no spring break. It definitely means no summers off to travel, relax, and spend time together. It means paying off our student loans. YIKES!!! It means trying to navigate through insurance, retirement, savings, and investments (hopefully) once we get a real job--and let's be honest, my brain has a hard time with those modes.

So I'm a little sad. Just a little. Thankfully the thought of an actual income is enough to drive all the sad thoughts away. :)

Happy first day of school!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay! That is so exciting! It is so hard to imagine having a REAL job one of these days. You guys have definitely put in the time. Keep us updated on the job search!

mommaj said...

Yes, you deserve a big WAHOO. We are so proud of ALL of you. Law school is tough and you've handled the pressure very well. Just remember the time honored tradition of taking our school boys "1st day of school" picture. And don't dismay if he won't smile--we haven't got one of those on the first day since fist grade :)! Love to all

Anonymous said...

Woot! Woot!
I bet you are excited. Nice work to Brandon too. That's ALOT of school.

Julie said...

Wahoo! That's really exciting.

Lauren said...

Christopher started today too. I wouldn't be surprised if they send him home because he has pneumonia and will be coughing a lot. Yay for husbands who are finishing law school this year!

Meridy said...

I hear you! Congrats :)----and good luck!

Charisse said...

You guys deserve a big WAHOO! Good luck with everything. Brandon will get a great job. I have a friend in Vegas whose husband is a trial lawyer and he works 18 hours a day! Yikes. So hopefully Brandon won't have to work that much. You guys will do great!

Becky said...

You're right, it does get easier and harder. I never feel like I have as much time as I'd like with Tad, but I am so glad he's finally done with school! Good luck, come to Washington lots!

Laura said...

Actual income and not having homework at the back of your mind 24/7 are both reasons he'll and you'll love being done. Hang in there!

Rachel said...

Yeah for the last year!!!! That's so exciting! And don't worry! It's not so bad out in the non-school world!