Thursday, November 19, 2009

Recipe Success/Failure

I don't know if pregnancy has influenced my taste buds (it probably has), but I've made some dinners this past week that I have LOVED and Brandon has....not so much loved. Here are the recipes. If you dare, try them for yourself and give me your honest assessment.

#1 JoMarie's Casserole--We ate this all the time as kids, and I know I remember making it for Brandon when we were dating/engaged about 5 years ago. After he ate it, he said he could wait another 5 years to have it again. :(

1 lb hamburger
1 onion

Saute together. Drain.

1 cup noodles (elbow, egg, pretty much anything you have)

Prepare as directed on packaging.

1 can tomato soup
1 can tomato sauce
1-2 t. chili powder

Combine hamburger, noodles, and soup mixture in a skillet. Heat through. Top with cheese and enjoy!

And #2 Southwest Chicken--I got this from Brandon's little sister. I love all this crockpot and all things cream cheese-ified. :)

In a crockpot combine
Chicken (however much you want)
2 c. salsa
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)

Cook 4-6 hours on low.

8 oz cream cheese (cubed)

Add cream cheese for last 30 minutes of cooking.

Anyways, enjoy the recipes or tell me they were gross. Either way...

5 comments:

Julie said...

I was just with JoMarie last night! I've never heard about her casserole though. Maybe I'll have to try it sometime. Trying new things when I'm pregnant is not a good idea though.

mommaj said...

Next time Brandon gives you another "five years" comment do what Barry would do and tell him to stick his head in the preverbale "pipe"! Love you big guy!

Kristi said...

We loved the last recipe! We'll try this other recipe this week and let you know!

Betsy said...

If my hubby told me that it would be fine with him that he not have that again for another 5 years, he knows that it would probably be another 5 years before I attempted to cook anything at all!

alanna said...

Haha. Brad kindly tells me stuff like that all the time. We try a lot of different stuff though. And he cooks a lot too.

We probably won't try these simply because we're not really casserole people. We just haven't ever liked any that we've made or eaten. And with rare exceptions, we keep our meat and noodles separate. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying your prego taste buds!