Let's talk teams for a minute.
I'm not a die-hard "twi-hard" fan. I haven't seen "New Moon" yet, but I'd like to if I get the chance. I don't own every one of the books, and I don't reread the two I have. I enjoyed them for what they were--'nuf said.
But if I had to pick a team, I'd be Team Jacob. Even before the movies came out with Mr. Patterson, I started envisioning Edward as a slime ball. Patterson only solidified that image in my mind. ;)
But now I have found a series that I'm addicted to. I checked out Hunger Games awhile back and devoured it over and over again before it had to be returned to the library 3 weeks later (no renewals--there were too many holds on it). My mom send me Catching Fire a few weeks ago, but I made myself wait until I had finished Anna Karenina to begin reading it. I read the book in about 24 hours and have since been rereading and rereading and rereading trying to piece together all the details and foreshadowing that I missed.
So now the question begging to be asked is am I Team Gale or Team Peeta?
(Definitely Peeta.)
What about you?
*If you haven't read the book and have no clue what I'm talking about, go find a copy and read for yourself. A little warning though, the books central storyline involves violence. But as my mom pointed out The Givers storyline also involves violence--except in that book it's behind closed doors. Suzanne Collins puts it right out there, and like Lois Lowry, shows how the violence influences the main character, but doesn't let her be ruined by it.*
9 comments:
Anybody who's anybody is 100% Team Mike. Go Mike Newton.
Good question! I think I'm gonna have to say team Gale. I'm hoping we get a chance to know him better in the next book.
I'm totally team Peeta, Aaron is too. We've both read them. It was funny because we were going to read them together but Aaron would sneak off and hide in our room and read it by himself.
Totally Peeta. But he's gotten a lot more reader time in the books. I'm sure Gale is equally deserving, I just don't know him as well
I have it on hold #132 in line. Can't wait!
Team Gale! And Catching Fire totally threw me for a loop!
Ha! I love that you found Hunger Games. Guess I haven't blogged about it, but I've been telling people and lending out my copies for months.
I'm totally Team Peeta. No contest. I actually think that she could have developed Gales character a little more in the first book.
As for Twilight. You know I'm a twi-hard!
I'm Team Edward for the books and Team Jacob for the movies. Is that aloud? I say yes, so that's what I'm going with.
And as for RPatz. I have seen him look "chiseled by the Gods" and then also look...er, seriously disgusting. So the jury's still out on that one. I think he and Kristen do have chemistry, and for my own viewing pleasure, I'm grateful for that. :)
(Speaking of viewing pleasure... you haven't seen New Moon? Jocab looks, *ahem*, nice in the movie.)
Books, books! I could discus them forever. Next on my list is a trilogy called City of Glass. Heard of it?
Also The Uglies. I'm picking that one up from the library today.
Let me know if you've read anything else great!
I'll definately have to check out Hunger Games. Thanks for the suggestion!
Ok I read the book and Chase and I our both for team Peeta! I hope she choses him.
Post a Comment