Don't mind the piercing red eyes (not feeling like spending precious nap time editing), but Miss Pen reached the five month mark this past week.
I loved five months with Reggie. It felt like at five months things finally all came together, and everyone reached a nice, liveable groove.
Here's five things Pen is up to these days:
-Eating solids. Yes, she is. I didn't want to start this early (you know, the whole allergies debate), but girlfriend was hungry and completely jealous of every piece of food we put into our mouths. So she started with rice cereal about two weeks ago and totally hated it. We've since found a sweet little combo of rice cereal, pears, and water that seems to go down without major gagging and shivering on her part.
-Sleeping through the nights again. Hallelujah! I put her down around 7:30 and she's out until sometime between 5:30 and 6:30. She takes 3-4 naps a day ranging from 45 minutes to 2 hours.
-Rolling. She had been rolling tummy to back for about two months, but now she's rolling from her back to her tummy. The frustrating part is that she seems to have forgotten how to roll the other way. I did a lot of baby flipping for a few nights until she decided that sleeping on her tummy was a-ok.
-Teasing Dad and everyone else. She's a smile-y, happy baby. She will coo, laugh, smile, and flirt with whoever.
-Clinging to Mom. She definitely has an extreme case of mommy-itis. If I hand her to Brandon for a second, she screams--especially if I walk away. If someone at church looks at her, especially if that someone is male, she screams. Last Sunday a sweet RS sister took her to walk the halls so I could actually listen to the lesson, but it was short lived because I could hear the wailing all the way on the other side of the building. I'm praying with every fiber of my soul she gets over this soon. :)
And that's our Penny.
7 comments:
Sweet Penny! I'm glad she is doing so well with her sleep for you guys!
Cute Em! She sounds like a doll! :)
Cute, cute, cute! I can't believe she's five months already. Bryant can't wait to meet her-I'm very excited to see her too!
So cute! I fed my kids around then too because I noticed the food envy as well. She sleeps so much, that's awesome!
She is a doll! So cute! Grace was the same way. She was attached to my hip 24 hours a day and would scream if Mark tried to hold her. I think it's a girl thing =) It got better after she turned 1 though so don't worry.
Such a cutie! I wish I could give her a squeeze. Fastest five months ever!
Sweet Penny! Bryant isn't the only member of the family excited to meet her! I love that she is at the teasing stage- so fun!
Post a Comment