Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

I think I've been asking to go to the pumpkin patch every year since we moved here. (And mind you a pumpkin patch in Vegas is a man made display of pumpkins and hay bales in an area that was once a parking lot--in one case a parking lot attached to a casino.) Brandon hadn't been too enthusiastic about the idea because he thought Reggie was just too little. However, this year, before I had even thought of asking, Brandon up and said let's go. Hooray for an old enough toddler!



Reggie surprised us both by asking to go on a ride. This is a big deal for him. He is not one to go out of his comfort zone to try something new. We've gone through 18 weeks of library classes and 8 weeks of Gymboree and he has never once gotten up to dance, sing, (ahem) participate in any of it. So when he asked to ride the ride even after we explained he'd be doing it all by himself, we were more than happy to spend the three dollars.



Don't you love his socks? I can find him in any crowd with those puppies on.



Love that face. That was the face of "I'm having the time of my life and I really want to smile, but I just have to keep it in" face.

He's already asking to go back, and since it's free we'll probably be there every weekend until Halloween. Maybe I can convince Brandon that our old enough toddler wants some funnel cake...

5 comments:

Shaleign said...

Where at in Vegas are you? I lived there for a little bit.

As for the pumkin patch, we took carter when he was 2 months old, with my brother and his wife when their oldest son was 6 months. I love taking them.

mommaj said...

Yea Reggie! He is one step closer to disneyland! Little Miss Penny is adorable. Maybe we can go to the pumpkin patch and get funnel cake when we come down at the end of the month. Is that new highway over boulder dam complete?

Kristi said...

How fun! Reggie looks so cute! He is such a big kid now!

Julie said...

So cute! I'm glad he's old enough so you can go have some fun!

Kelli Burton said...

rad orange socks!