Sunday, March 20, 2011

And She's 1

I didn't post very many pictures of my belly with Miss Penny--if any. And really, I don't think I had Brandon take very many pictures of me because I got monstrously huge. Or at least I felt monstrously huge right from the get go. I guess it's true that the body just goes ahead and stretches right out as soon as you get a positive pregnancy test the second time around. Or at least it did in my case.

But back to Penny. This picture was taken while we were on a little overnight at Brian Head for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. That would make it January 2010. Penny wasn't born until March. That is my 7 month pregnant belly. Huge friends. Huge.



And look how little Reggie is in his footie jammies and his chubby cheeks. Love him.

But again, back to Penny. Out she came about 8 weeks after that picture in Brian Head. I was so calm for her birth. Brandon was mostly calm. I remember him asking me at the hospital if I was scared, and I said no. She was not so much--she came out with lungs wailing. The hospital did her newborn exam in the nursery and apparently she screamed and screamed all through it. Brandon came to check on me while they finished up with her, and he commented that she was screaming for her mama.

They brought her to me to nurse for the first time and that was the first time she quit her wailing. But as soon as she was done, it was back to exercising those lungs. I called down to the nursery and had them bring me a binky. We popped that thing in her mouth, and her crying was done. (And then the lactation specialist came and gave me the evil eye and the little speech about the pacifier. If I had been a first time mom, I might have cried. But heck no I was not going to take that plug out for anything and make the screaming start all over again.)

And she has been my joy and blessing for a whole year now. Screaming or not.



Happy birthday Sweet P!





Obligatory cake video and pictures to come. :)

7 comments:

Kristi said...

She is so sweet! We love little Penny! Happy birthday sweet girl!

Shelly Cunningham said...

Oh Emily, she is just precious!!!

Brittnie said...

Happy Birthday Penny! Sorry our call got a little messed up yesterday, but we're glad you had a fun day! She is such a doll!

Kacy said...

That last picture of Penny is so cute! This last year has gone by really fast! Also I updated my blog, it had been almost two months!

mommaj said...

She is such a gorgeous little thing. I love the hint of mischief she has in her eyes now when her big brother is not paying attention! She is a beautiful little girl and we loved her fromt he start. Happy Birthday Penn Penn!

kiley said...

Oh my heck you were so not huge! Just take one look at me and you will feel a whole lot better about yourself. Happy 1st birthday to your little girl. Time flys, huh?!

Anonymous said...

She's a cutie! Happy birthday Penny