I don't vacuum. That's Brandon's job. In fact, in the almost 6 years of marriage, I can really only think of two times that I have used our vacuum. And once wasn't even at our house--it was at a buddies house back in Provo when they were moving out, but had already sent their vacuum to their new place on the truck. I always stumble around trying to figure out how to even turn the thing on. Good thing for that husband of mine and his vacuuming ways.
This morning there was a cockroach in our shower. Big ol' ugly thing. If you're blessed (read cursed) with roaches in your area like we are, you know that those buggers just don't die. And if you are lucky enough to get them cornered in one place and give it a death blow, you know that there is a distinguishable "crunch" that goes along with the end to their existence.
Disgusting.
But I needed to shower. And I sure didn't want to carrying all my stuff down to the shower in the kids bathroom with all the toys. And I knew I couldn't handle the chase and the crunch that comes with killing a cockroach.
So I grabbed the vacuum cleaner and sucked the thing up (while my babies screamed from outside the room--both are terrified of the thing.)
And then I promptly emptied the canister after my mom mentioned to take it out before babies were born in that thing.
Cuz as bad as one roach in the shower would be, a million baby roaches in the vacuum would be worse. Although to hear Brandon's scream when he saw all those baby roaches might be hilarious enough to make it worth it....
4 comments:
WE vacuums at our house too! :)
I don't miss the days of living with cockroaches...
Brave, brave girl! Thanks for defending home and country and those two little sweet ones that live with you!
I feel you, I'm so dreading "cockroach season". I guess it is starting.:(
Yep. I use the vacuum method too. So fun. Sorry you had to do it. I think cockroaches are one of those things that are here just to torment us. Seriously.
Post a Comment