Friday, May 6, 2011

The Boy in our House

The boy in our house says some funny things. I've been writing them down, but probably putting them on the blog is a more lasting place for his quotes than on some random piece of paper that will most likely be colored on or eaten.



One day he was screaming at me to get out the play-doh. I was getting frustrated and asked, "Where are your manners?!" He stopped screaming, got contemplative, and said, "I don't know."

He's been "potty" trained since just after Christmas. He's been pretty fabulous about numero uno ever since we gave potty training our second go around, but numero dos has taken some getting used to. I think we're FINALLY making forward progress in that department. But one day he really needed to go, and didn't quite make it in time. What I heard from the bathroom was him yelling, "I'm dripping!!!"



Penny woke up with some awesome bedhead. He looked at her and said, "She looks like a reindeer."

Reggie is becoming more social. When we go out, he usually tells every adult/child/dog hello. One night we went out to the mailbox at 5:00. He said "Good morning" to everyone we passed. And once we passed them, he would turn to me and say, "I'm being friendly."



Brandon had to work super late one night. Like he got home at 6 in the morning kind of working late. At dinner with just the three of us Reggie tried to keep conversation going by asking "So Penners, how's your grandma?" It was like a bad first date.

He LOVES Selena Gomez. He doesn't watch any of her shows, but has seen a little music video that the Disney channel plays. I asked him if he thought she was pretty, and his voice got all dreamy when he answered, "Yeah. She's a little beautiful."

He also saw a commercial for the movie Pochantas and thought she was Angel Moroni.



His babysitter taught him how to pretend that a tennis racket is a guitar. One day he came out with his tennis racket and said, "I wish I could rock."

He also likes to tell me, "I'm going to marry Hailey. She'll have a pretty dress. You won't cry Mom."



One night he came to me and said "Mom, we need to talk." I asked what we needed to talk about, and he said, "Joseph." He then told me all about the first vision. I think it is his favorite story.

And finally, we are definitely not the best at family scripture study, but we do try to read at least one verse together every night. Reggie likes to pretend to read a scripture every now and then. His "scripture" this week was, "And it came to pass that Jesus went into a tent and got a pillow and a sleeping bag."

You crack us up Reggie!

10 comments:

mommaj said...

He is WONDERFUL!!! What a funny guy! I love that he wants to know about Penners grandma! Glad you wrote it done, more glad (I almost wrote gladder. . .eek) you sent it on for the rest of us to enjoy!

Shelly Cunningham said...

I love the things they come up with! And you are funny, too- "Like a bad first date" haha! :)

Kacy said...

Too FUNNY!! :) I need to start writting down the crazy things being said over here. By the way, Hailey says that Reggie is her "best friend".

Kristi said...

He is hilarious! Thanks for sharing- it made my night!

Kelli Burton said...

HahHAHA!

Lauren said...

You'll be so glad you have been writing these down!

A2 said...

So penners, how's you gma?
That is my favorite!!

Loved meeting this dude and I remember being impressed by his "contemplative" side ;)

Happy mothers day!!!

alanna said...

LOVE it! These are hilarious.

Rachel said...

SOOOO cute!!! I can't believe how big both your kiddos are getting!

Emily Gibbons said...

Awesome! Thanks for posting! Made me laugh!