Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Nativity

I grew up in a family of four kids.  We put our Christmas tree and decorations up Thanksgiving weekend every year.  One of our favorite parts about the decorations was our family Nativity set.  It wasn't so much that we had a nice one or anything like that.  We liked it because we each had one week to be in charge of the Nativity where that person was the only one who could touch it and arrange it.  One of my brothers made some pretty interesting arrangements with the figurines and it seems like Reggie has similar ideas.

On December 1st, I got out our "kid approved" Nativity.  My only rule has been that the pieces have to stay in the living room.  Penny likes to run off with baby Jesus, but Reggie is happy to just rearrange things.

Here we have "Receiving Line" Nativity.
 

Here we have " Ring Around the Rosie" Nativity

And here we have "Rudolph Snuck Into the Nativity" Nativity.  Can you see him?  And Jesus is missing.  Probably somewhere with P being sung "Rock-a-by Baby" to.



I didn't get pictures of "Boom-ba" Nativity--all of the figurines were laying down like a bomb, or "boom-ba" as Reggie calls it, had gone off.  And I didn't get a picture of "Occupy" Nativity, where Reggie combined our other "kid approved" set to make a big ol' crowd on the little table.

We'll have to see what he comes up with in the last couple weeks.

3 comments:

A2 said...

Haha! I like this post!

mommaj said...

That is so funny. What a great idea to give the kids their day with the nativity! See, I should have bought a house next to your mom so some of her could rub off on me!

Kristi said...

Thats too funny! You guys have some toddler/kid ideas.