Friday, December 9, 2011

Trifle

Our church Christmas party is tonight.  I'm excited because it means that I don't have to make dinner and instead get to be fed and hang out with friends.  Reggie is excited because apparently Santa will be there. 

To contribute, I made a pan of BYU mint brownies.  Perfection.  And I'm glad that they're going to the party so that I can eat one and give the rest away instead of eating the whole 9 x 13. 

But if I hadn't been craving BYU mint brownies, I would have definitely gone with this.  It looks like perfection in trifle form.  And I'm guessing it tastes just like the Skor cake.

2 comments:

alanna said...

Oh man. I've perfected the mint brownie recipe, and they're a weakness of mine too. Good call taking them some place where the rest will definitely be consumed.
I might have to make that trifle soon. I love my trifle bowl and it rarely gets used. Poor neglected trifle bowl.

Mari said...

You should try this trifle http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Trifle/Detail.aspx
I add chocolate chips to the brownie and use heath bars for the candy. Probably the best dessert ever. Pretty sure it's because of the sweetened condensed milk.