Monday, January 30, 2012

This Guy


Oh this guy.  (He's holding a teeny-tiny crab in this picture.)

I just love him.

In 2004 he took me to the beach in California and asked me to marry him.  After all the "Oh my gosh!"es, and of course the "Yes!", he put the ring on my finger and I said "Thank you!"  When we called our families to spread the good news, my dad asked me if I had thanked him, and I was glad to say I had.  (Those parents of mine raised me well.)

Today, Brandon gets another big, huge Thank You!  Today I put to use all the times I practiced writing my name with his last name in my BYU Anatomy class back in 2001.  Today we signed a ga-gillion papers, said goodbye to a chunk of our savings, and put the final initials on closing documents. 

Today that sweet husband of mine bought me a house.

No joke.

(And no worries.  I'm aware (and he's aware) that I've done my part.  My contribution hasn't always been to our finances, certainly not since the kiddos started coming, but I've contributed.  We get that.  I get that.)

So after saying thank you to our relator, and thank you to the people at the title company, and thank you to the neighbor who watched our kids, I want to put one more big thank you out there to my Brandon.

Thank you for making our dreams our new reality. 

9 comments:

Alicia said...

So exciting! Congrats!

Kelli Burton said...

niiiiice. now, happy home decorating!

Charisse said...

I am so happy for you guys Emily! That is so exciting.

You two have worked your tails off for this.

Laura said...

Awesome! Congrats! pictures to come I hope...

A2 said...

Yay! Congrats!

alanna said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see pictures. :)

mommaj said...

I hope that when you and Brandon came home after the proposal that I said Thank you to both of you! You put it so nicely! I couldn't be happier for you, cant wait to see all of you in it!!!!!

Becky said...

Congratulations!! I am excited to see some pics!

Kristi said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you! Keep us posted!