Friday, June 8, 2012
The Roommate Reunion
As a high school senior, I was blessed to get into BYU. I decided to go the route of my siblings and live in the dorms my freshman year. I also decided to go the route of living with complete strangers and not bunk with the few girlfriends I had that had also been accepted to BYU.
And those decisions have blessed my life tremendously.
I remember filling out a little survey and then waiting to hear back where I would live and who my roommates would be. After getting the names of strangers, we began emailing each other who we were and who had what and all the rest.
And then in late August 2001, I moved to Provo and my family change from Dad, Mom, and me to Ashley, Audrey, Alanna, Kelli, Shauna, and me. And if I say so myself, we made a pretty fabulous family.
We stuck with each other through long classes, bad boyfriends, good boyfriends, sickness, crazy wards, disappointments, mission calls, engagements, and everything else in between. We were there together, crammed in our dorm kitchen, when the plane hit the second tower on September 11, 2001. They were there when Brandon came over for one last goodbye before entering the MTC in March 2002.
Our living together extended beyond freshman year. As long as there were two of us in Provo, we were living together. We were there for the drama of applying to programs, changing majors, and graduations.
Yeah, we had disagreements. And there were moments where we didn't always get along, but that's because we're family, and families sometimes do that. :)
So to celebrate ten years since meeting, these lovely ladies came out to Vegas for a weekend reunion. We shopped, we ate good food (Bobby Flay's restaurant at Ceasar's...mmm...), we tanned by the pool (well, I stayed under the cabana with Colby, but the other ladies got some color), we had our nails done, we reminisced, we talked about where we are now versus where we were then, and we just enjoyed being back together.
It. Was. Awesome.
And I'm counting down until we can do it again.
(Cheesecake Factory)
(Shopping)
And an extra cheer goes to Brandon for holding down the fort while I was gone. I married the best. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love little Colby's face--it's like--why am I stuck here with all the girls--I wanted to go to the pet store! Glad you had a good time--glad Brandon survived it!
Love this post!
you said it so well.
love you Em!
props to Brandon for surviving the weekend too.
It was awesome Em! I can't wait to do it again. :)
Post a Comment