I am not a foodie. I'll put that out there right at the beginning. I'm also not too concerned when my kids eat jam sandwich after jam sandwich or three bowls of cereal in the course of a day.
However, I have felt lately like our diet needs a little....tweaking. I think a lot of my thoughts are directed totally at me--MY diet needs tweaking. Losing the baby weight after number 3 is proving to be a bit of a battle. But let's be honest, if there's ice cream in the freezer, I'm gonna eat it. And if there's Chips Ahoy in the pantry, I'm going to eat it too.
And so in an effort to battle our snacking/processed foods addiction, I'm instituting Meatless Monday. Now I know you don't have to go meatless to be nutritious. But I think going meatless will be the best way for me to dig around and expand our recipe repertoire.
So if you have a favorite "meatless" recipe, send it my way. I've started my digging, but am being met with all sorts of meals that use black beans as the "filling" protein part of the dish. Black beans and Colby DO NOT mix.
So I'll keep digging, and hopefully by July, we'll have a few Meatless Mondays under our belt that actually tasted good.
3 comments:
http://beanland.wordpress.com/
That's a link to a blog from some people that lived by me in Columbus. They are meatless and super healthy. I've been making a lot of those recipes this week. Yes, many of them "taste healthy" ;)
... but it's nice to know that what I'm making is actually good for me!
http://www.our-everyday-art.com/2010/10/pasta-with-roasted-butternut-squash.html
This is one of the best recipes ever! We love it. It calls for bacon but you can leave it out and it still tastes delicious (discovered the day I forgot to buy bacon). I also roasted asparagus and added it in last time we made this which was really good too. Good luck!
There is a great vegetarian cookbook called meatless Mondays. Its comes highly recommended.
Post a Comment