Hello.
Anyone still peek at this thing?
The poor blog has suffered. Which is sad because it really is the only journal like writing I do these days. But a few months ago the family computer decided to take up a smoking habit, and since I wasn't too excited about the prospects of an electrical fire, the blog had to take a break.
So first, and update.
Brandon--Still Young Men's president. It's getting to the busy season--youth conference, summer camps, boys graduating and going off on missions. I think the month of April saw him gone at least twice or three times a week with church related stuff. Not cool. But he typically took a kid a long with him, so it all worked out. He's also been tackling our garage organization project (found a lizard while he was at it last week--I don't like lizards) and trying to maintain our crazy, jungle of a yard.
Me--I got put in as the organist at the beginning of the year. It's an adventure every time I sit down to play. I think most weeks it goes off ok, but some weeks it's a real doozy. I don't think anyone but me really notices (well, maybe the musically inclined people do). I also got put in last week as a nursery worker. I basically asked to be put in there since my stinker baby Colby can't keep his screamer shut during Relief Society. It seems I always find my way to the little kid nursery sometime during the block, so it made sense to me to just put me in there when a spot became available. Besides church stuff, I am teaching four beginner piano students. It's crazy, but I really like it.
Reggie--Preschool finishes this month, and he's all signed up for AM kindergarten. What?! He's played another season of soccer and done pretty well. I think he had one bad game, but other than that, he has scored every game. He'll start swimming lessons in July.
Penny--Totally potty trained and signed up for AM preschool in the fall. This one gets a HALLELUJAH! She needs it. I need it. It will be good for everyone. :) She is big into dressing up these days. She's also big into dancing and will start a little rec center dance class in June. She loves to help me in the kitchen and wants to play on a soccer team like Reggie. Soon enough, P.
Colby--He's one now, 13 months and some odd weeks to be exact. He never really took to crawling. He prefers scooting on his behind sitting up. It is super funny, and I will be sad when he takes to walking. Speaking of, he's not walking. He has just started cruising on the furniture. He definitely has hit all the developmental milestones later than the other two, which makes us wonder if he is lazy or just slow or a genius who knows how to milk the system. He does talk though--Mom, Dad, Ball, Bye, Go, and something that sounds a lot like Reg make it out of his mouth all the time. I'm working on weaning him, but we've hit a stalemate with dropping the last three feedings. I blame teething.
And to finish...here's a picture of what we currently look like when we do our hair and get dressed in nice clothes.
8 comments:
Yay for the blog post...mine has be forgotten too! Love the family pic! :)
I check your blog everyday! You have such a talent with words . . . this post was no exception. Keep up the good work. I remember how hard it was to actually do something other than keep afloat!
Your family is really beautiful. Penny kills me with her curls, and your boys are gonna be lady-killers with those eyes!!!
So happy to hear from you. Hope you are able to stop by more often. It's good to hear from other mama's in the trenches!
Em, you look great!! Cute family photo...esp the bow ties and suspenders :)
Still, here, still reading! You guys are adorable; loved the update!
lookin' good Johanssen's! I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong... :)
Glad for the update. Hopefully you guys can survive a busy summer. Everyone looks great! And I'm sure Colby is simply a genius
Hey Emily, No worries, my last one Emma, didn't walk until 19.5 months. Yup, she was doing that monkey crawl too, sitting up and I am convinced that is WHY she didn't walk sooner.
Heads up, gets around fast....who needs it?? So, rest assured...you have time!
Post a Comment