And then it was Reggie's 5th birthday. His birthday was on a Monday, which was a non-preschool day, so we lived it up at home. Reggie picked McDonald's for dinner--probably more for the play place than for the food.
We lived it up enough the Colby didn't pop right up as soon as I opened the door to his room at the end of nap time. He's got to be really tired for that to happen.
And Penny took a moment when I wasn't looking to snitch some cake. Stinker.
Birthday number five was much like Christmas number 4--lots of Legos.
And this picture is out of order, but he enjoyed his free scoop from Baskin Robbins.
I think the next weekend after his birthday he got to have his first ever friend party. He picked a Lego theme (surprise, surprise), and we took pictures for the invitations.
Colby in his walker.
We had quite a big group for the party--12 kids in the end I think. When they arrived they sat down at the table to color a Lego coloring page and then draw a face on a Lego head. We used those heads to play pin the head on the Lego man.
Group shot.
After that game we turned on music and had the kids keep the balloons up in the air. There were yellow balloons and blue.
Then we had cupcakes and opened presents. He got more Lego sets.
After presents we played "Lego, Lego Who has the Lego?" Most of the kids didn't really get the game, but they still loved it even though they couldn't keep things secret or be very sneaky. We did a relay where we passed little Legos around on spoons quickly and did "Who stole the Lego from the Lego box?" Once activities were over, the kids just free played with blocks that we had put out.
My parents came into town for Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend. We did lots of things and only took this one picture at the bridge over the dam.
That same weekend we bought ourselves a piano! We found a store that had second hand pianos, and this one now sits in my family room. It came at a good time since my phone was ringing with families asking about piano lessons. I took on two students right away and have grown my little studio to six beginner students. I loooooove it.














1 comment:
What a great idea for a birthday party, I love a theme. You did phenomenal games--love the piece of cake that P ate--love, love, love that girl. And Colby even looks adorable in urgent care!
Post a Comment