I need a haircut. I was looking at graduation pictures from this past spring and realized that my hair has grown dramatically. I am assuming that pregnancy has something to do with that, but at the same time, my hair has always grown at a super speed. If only I were trusting enough to just schedule an appointment at some salon, but no. Haircuts are a big deal for me--even if it is just a trim. Maybe it all stems from the fact that when I come home from a haircut 99% of the time Brandon's first words are "What have you done?!?!" I'm predicting that I'll complain about needing a haircut until Christmas, or even beyond, before I actually do something about it.
In other news, my dad has been made a bishop...for the second time. Poor man! He was bishop from the time I was 7-13ish and then put into the stake presidency. He's been out of that for about a year or so and has now been called to be the bishop of our county single's ward. He and my mom are busy everyday now with that--staying at the church for all hours of the night. Now that is what I call dedication.
And lastly, I keep having dreams that I'm in labor. Actually being in labor doesn't worry me too much. After all, at least this is the mindset I'm trying to keep, you're not in labor forever and at the end you get a beautiful baby. No, what my dreams are about are going into labor, but not actually getting to the hospital or getting there, but Brandon is not there. My doctor tells me that when you're in labor, you'll know it so don't worry. Everyone reassure me and tell me she's right. :)
I promise pics of my ever increasing belly for the next post.
2 comments:
When I was pregnant, I got so frustrated with my hair, I chopped it off myself. I blame the hormones. I had Sara English fix it for me, though she said I didn't do half bad. Still, I don't think I'll do it again; at least not until the next pregnancy! Good luck finding a stylist you like!
As for labor--don't be scared. Being scared causes you to be uptight, which is exactly where the baby will stay--up tight. Relax and let your body work. And be comforted in knowing that for most first time moms, labor comes on gradually and it may be many hours before your contractions are 3-5 min apart lasting a duration of 60 secs (the point when you should go to the hospital), and then even more hours before you get to the time to push. That will give you--and Brandon--plenty of time to get to the hospital.
Don't feel embarrassed if you go to the hospital thinking you are in labor and you find out it's false labor. "False labor" really is a misnomer--trust me, it is labor (and it hurts); the labor is only "false" because the very real contractions are not causing any cervical change.
When I went into the hospital the last time to have James, I thought it was false labor because I had already been turned back two times and this didn't feel different. But lo and behold, the labor was true and they admitted me!
I have a packet of information for you. Email me at jonandrebecca (at) hotmail (dot) com and I'll send it to you. It has valuable info like what to pack for the hospital (which you can start packing now if you like) and the 5 words all newborns say and what they mean, and other great stuff like that. :)
Don't worry. You will know. With Spencer my water broke so that was a big clue. I was afraid of my water breaking in the car so I wrapped the seat in plastic and sat on a towel for a month. Luckily it broke in the bathroom and I jumped in the tub before it got everywhere. I thought I was peeing my pants until the big gush.
Labor hurts, a lot, but if you feel any contractions and they bother you but don't hurt a lot go get checked out. I did and just got over the random nurses telling me it was false labor and to go home and try again later.
Post a Comment