
I'm really enjoying motherhood, and I'd like to think that I'm somewhat good at it, but I've found an area where I have little patience. Bedtime. My child will not fall asleep before 10:30 for bed. It doesn't matter that at 9:30 or even 10 he was practically begging to go to sleep. No, it doesn't matter if I put him down at 10:15 or even 10:25. 10:30 is the magic time in our house when Reg miraculously falls asleep. My bedtime prior to motherhood was around 9:00, so needless to say, this is taking some getting used to.
However, I can't complain too much. When he is asleep, Reg is proving to be quite the champion sleeper. (He gets that from me!) Last night he did his first 5 1/2 hour stretch. In fact, I woke up and realized how long it had been and went to wake him up to eat. He was out! I'm talking deep breathing, not even a diaper change is going to phase me, kind of out! After nursing he fussed around for about 45 minutes in that in between awake and sleep state and then did two more 3 hour stretches. While I do miss uninterrupted sleep, I will take another night like last night.
In non-sleep related news, we blessed Reggie on Sunday. Brandon did a beautiful job, and it was wonderful to have family around for the weekend. Thanks again to everyone who made it a special day for us.

And one last pic. Here are my boys. (Note: Reg is asleep. It's about 9:30 in this picture...)
1 comment:
I love the pictures of Reggie and Brandon. I think I fall in love with Aaron all over again when I see him play and be sweet with the kids. Congrats on the good sleeper. 10:30 isn't so great but the sleeping for big stretches is awesome!
Post a Comment