Monday, April 28, 2008

Emily Reccomends...

Arbonne!

For Christmas, one of my students gave me a gift set for Arbonne Baby Care (Arbonne ABC for short). I had never even heard of the line, but my mom raved about how it is all natural and great for babies with bad skin.

Well, Reg has bad skin. Correction...Reg HAD bad skin. Johnson and Johnson's wasn't cutting it. Gerber Giggles wasn't cutting it (which is unfortunate because I so loved the smell. Maybe I'll just use it on me!). Genetically and environmentally, Reg's skin was doomed to eczema. He had it on his scalp, on the side of his face, arms, legs, belly, back-little spots just waiting to get worse. :(

So before things could get really bad, my mom reminded me of the Arbonne gift set and suggested that I give it a go. Having used it for a week now, I have to say I'm pretty impressed. The smell is kind of interesting, but I love how soft his skin has become. There are still a few spots of eczema that might need a combination of Johnson's Soothing Naturals and Arbonne, but all in all, a success!

And now the downside of the product: 1. Arbonne is a product like Mary Kay where you have to buy from a consultant. And 2. Arbonne is EXPENSIVE! The above kit is $82! Yikes!!! Thank heavens it was gifted to me!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

You might want to try Aveno baby. That is really the ONLY thing that helped Elinor. Now her skin is super smooth!

Meridy said...

With my kids I used the knock off brand of Eucerin Cream that is sold in the little tub (sold at Walmart). In places like under the knees I use a little bit of baby powder after the lotion has sunk in. The skin rubbing together increases the irritation.

But hey I hope that stuff lasts a long time since it works so well!

alanna said...

Em, I've used this Arbonne baby line since Allen was born. Notice that there is no mineral oil in any of their products. Mineral oil is really bad for anyones skin, let alone babies, but you'll be hard pressed to find products at the store that don't contain it. Also, the sun block may be used in infants under 6 mos. I couldn't find another that was OK for little babies and Allen was so fair skinned. We use the lotion for our skin as well and we call the diaper rash cream 'miracle cream' because it's so amazing.
You're probably wondering by now if I sell this stuff...nope, I just love it!
I did become a consultant so I could purchase it for a lot less.
Enjoy!