Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mr. Independent

Reg is becoming such an independent little baby! Here's how:

He rolled from his tummy to his back. I was so proud. :)

He is sleeping SO much better. He goes to bed between 7 and 7:30, and I don't hear from him again until 1-ish. After eating he's out again until 3 or 5 depending on his mood and wakes up around 6. :) That is a sleep schedule I can live with!

He is determined to sit up! When I give him a bath, he's doing all he can to arch his back and sit up. When we lay him down, he does the same thing. This kid is going to have abs of steel! To help him out we tried propping him up with the boppy, but he was still too tipsy for me to feel very comfortable.





So yesterday I went and got him a bumbo. He gives you a cheeseball grin when we put him in, but after awhile you can tell he's exhausted from holding that big head up. Hopefully this will help with the flat spot on the back of his head too! Thanks mom for providing the funding!



And lastly, my baby is becoming an independent napper. I wasn't planning on doing any nap training anytime soon, but Reg has become insistent that he does not want to snuggle and rock to sleep at naps, but would rather just lay in his crib and put himself to sleep. The kid gives me a big old grin when I lay him down at naps and then turns his head and falls asleep. I know this is a good thing, but I'm a little sad. No more cuddling. :(

4 comments:

Mari said...

I'm so glad he's sleeping better for you! That's got to be a relief.

Deborah said...

What cute pictures! That's amazing that he's already sitting up that well. He's got to be so strong! And don't worry, even if he doesn't need to be rocked to sleep, he'll still cuddle sometimes. And it's worth it to have him putting himself to sleep. That will help A LOT in the long run.

Charisse said...

Reggie is darling! That is great that you have him putting himself to sleep. Now you have more time to snuggle your other boy! :)

Brooke said...

I'm so happy that he's doing better. It feels so good as a parent to know that your child is learning the routine. You will thank yourself later when all is said and done for establishing such a great routine!