Tuesday, April 8, 2008

An Update, Some Random Thoughts, and some Pics!

First-an update. We have our bedtime routine down (bath, massage, nurse, song, and goodnight kisses), and he goes down with no complaining. He has been going about 4 hour stretches before waking up wanting to nurse, which is soooo much better than that every hour or two business we were doing last week. Let's all cross our fingers that this continues! Most nights, I only hear him start to whine when he wants to nurse, but a few times over the weekend I heard him stir and put himself back to sleep. It was nice not having to get up and go hover over his crib. So we're taking baby steps with this sleep training thing, but hopefully we'll stay on the right track here.

Second- some random thoughts. And when I say random, I really do mean it!

I became a music video junkie of sorts when Brandon and I were engaged. We would walk to campus together, and while I waited for him to get to my complex I would watch music videos in the morning. Some days I felt like watching CMT, other days VH1, and some days MTV. I remember feeling like my day couldn't officially begin until I saw Jennifer Lopez's "Get Right." Well, I have kinda fallen back into my same routine lately. I sit and channel surf in the morning while I eat breakfast between those 3 channels and enjoy! Right now I'm in LOVE with Jordan Sparks and Chris Brown's "No Air." If you haven't heard the song yet, I think you're missing out!

Speaking of MTV, does anyone remember Camp Jim. I miss Camp Jim.

I am in LOVE with Bare Minerals. My mom gave me the starter kit when we went up there for spring break, and I am infatuated with the product! I have big pores on my forehead, but I feel like they look smaller after I apply my make up in the morning. If you have the money to spend, I think it is well worth it!

And last random thought, I'm so excited that Kansas won the tournament. They were my final pick in my bracket, and because of their victory in overtime, I beat Brandon this year! Wahoo!

And now, two pics!


Just a note...The onesie that Reg is wearing is the best ever! I got a five pack of them from my old roomie Audrey, and I love them! Their a better quality than the typical Gerber or Carter's pack and they fit him on the shoulders. Thanks Aud!



What a cheese ball! (With rosy cheeks! It was his first fever. We survived!)

8 comments:

Deborah said...

I like your blog! Reggie is so cute! He's a lot bigger than last time I saw him too. :) It was fun getting together tonight. We'll have to get together again soon. Especially during finals!!!

Meridy said...

Hi Emily!

It was fun to meet you last night! Deborah gave me your blog. It's cute! You're baby is a cutie too!

I'm taking the liberty of adding you to my blog list if that is okay with you. ;) Mine is www.merinate.blogspot.com

Hope to see you again soon!

Meridy said...

ps. Good job on that sleep training thing!!!! Ellie was the worst sleeper. We didn't really get her sleep trained until about 18 months or so. William still nurses to sleep, but Nate can get him to sleep. William is easier. But still, he is nine months and not sleep trained. Props to you!!!

Mari said...

Ooh, I always wondered about bare minerals. I should save up and get it. Maybe Tyson will splurge on that for me for my birthday...

Charisse said...

Hi Emily, It's Charisse. Don't think I am a blog stalker, but Meridy put my blog on her page and I saw a link to yours. I hope you don't mind if I put your link on mine. I am always so embarrassed to tell people our link because I was pregnant when we did it and I totally misspelled Archive. So here is our blog if you want to add us. :)
allenarchieve.blogspot.com

Josh and Liz said...

What a sweet baby! i love the picture with the cowboy boots! If you ever come out to Kalahari or Kirtland let us know, we would love to see you or have you stay with us.

kiley said...

I love Chris Brown and I haven't heard that song that he sings with Jordan Sparks. I'll have to look it up. I must be missing out! Also, I finally got Bare Minerals too. After my little makeover thing I got it (holy cow its expensive) but yeah I like it. I don't LOVE it like I thought I would. I'll probably like it a lot more in the summer cause it feels like I'm not wearing anything. I'm glad you found something you love.

Jon Becca James said...

So, what brand are these onesies you love so much? If they make them in size 18 months, I would love to get some! James still needs some summer clothes.