Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Great Surprise

Two Sundays ago I weighed myself on our scale and was a little surprised to see that my weight was 5 pounds heavier than it had been the week before. Yes, we had been eating hot fudge sundaes every night that week, but really, 5 pounds in one week is a lot!

All last week, the scale said the same thing-5 pounds heavier. I was mentally preparing myself for daily trips to the workout room with Reg in tow. (Mind you, I never actually made it to the gym.) I was mentally preparing myself to drop the sweets and snacks that my nursing metabolism seems to be demanding.

Well, this morning I noticed while sorting laundry that our scale wasn't calibrated quite right. So I zeroed it out and stepped on. What a great surprise! Not only am I NOT 5 pounds heavier from when I last checked, but I even lost the last couple pounds of "baby weight". Hip Hip Hooray!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Yay! That IS a great surprise! How can I get that little scale trick to work for me...?

Brooke said...

Great job! I'm sure that feels good!

Mari said...

Ha ha! That is a wonderful suprise! It's the same feeling as finding a $5 bill in an old pair of pants I love that.

Harmoni Osborn said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! That is really awesome Emily!! Congratulations! I too am working on this and can really appreciate this great achievement!!!