Thursday, July 3, 2008

A New Tag

A new tag is flying around out there, and while I'm kind of getting to the point where I'm "tagged out," I wanted to do this one. I changed the rules a bit though (don't worry, I used a random number generator to keep things fair), because I have more than 18 people on my blog list. Hope that's ok! If you want to see the "true tag" in all it's glory, check out Alanna's blog.

When did you meet the 12th person on your list?
Crystal was my neighbor back in my freshman dorm, so that would have been late August of 2001. She also was in my painfully boring religion class during our first semester at BYU. Do you remember Brother Tolman Crystal and Alanna? Waking up and staying up at 8:00 am was never so hard!!!

What do you like about the 26th person on your list?
Lisa
is so sweet! One thing I really like about Lisa (and Lisa, you'll probably think this is a little silly, but I think it's so cute) is her hair! She's got one of those cute, short bobs that I want to do, but am afraid it will make my face look chubby. Her hair has all this cute body and looks great on her!

What do you like best about the 11th and 36th person on your list?
Ahh...cousin Katie! I LOVE this girl! I am so lucky to have her for family. I really love how whenever we're together, it's like we've been together all the time, even though we probably haven't seen each other for awhile. It's so easy to just pick up where we left off.
Rebecca is a shining example. Honestly, if you want to know what it is to be Christ-like, Rebecca is a good person to look to. We went to the same high school, and even though I didn't really get to know her until our married BYU ward, it seems to me that she has always been that way.

How long have you known the 19th person on your list?
I've known Julie since our days in Young Womens. I don't quite remember the year, but I have a picture of her at girl's camp my first year when her mom was the camp leader. That would have been about 12 years ago. WOW!

What impresses you about the 3rd and 33rd person on your list?
Alicia and I were in the same major at BYU. I'm impressed with her ability to balance everything. She works, she takes care of cutie-pie Elinor, and supports her hubby in his business adventure! I don't know how you do it!
Rachel and I taught together at Challenger. I was impressed by her creativity and ability to make something that seemed boring interesting. She was also really good at management. She laid down the law in a fair and loving way.

What is a memory you have with the 6th person on your list?
I have too many memories with Audrey to even list. I'll just tell two of my favorites. :) She made my 21st birthday the best! I had just broken up with a guy I thought I would marry, and even though I knew it was a good thing, it was just a hard summer. She was also having a good, but hard summer. She took time away from her troubles to send me on the best birthday scavenger hunt ever! I got a pedicure/manicure, a milkshake from the creamery, and notes from all our friends about what they liked about me. She organized it all that little sweetheart! I also remember a time when I was sick with the stomach flu, and while I was passed out on the couch she made me Jello and a note telling me to feel better. She looked out for me, and I love her for it!

Say something nice about the 40th person on your list.
More family. Tyson is a great brother. He's dependable and always there when I need him. Mari is beautiful inside and out, and she takes great care of my brother. Love you two!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I had forgotten Bro. Tolman, but quickly remembered the boredom suffered through in that class! Good times! :)

Joanna said...

Emily, I didn't know you then, but I'm pretty sure I had the same religion class in Fall 2001!

Becca said...

Thanks, Emily. I haven't been feeling very Christ-like lately, and you just gave me a much needed boost to try harder. I love you too.

candkbrinck said...

thanks for the sweet comments! I miss you! I love reading your blog because i just laugh like good ol times and it keeps me caught up. hope all is well!