Yesterday marked Reg's 8 month birthday. For this special day I had decided I was going to take away his middle of the night feeding. Cruel...I know.
Reg went to bed like normal, slept soundly, and was up at 3 for a snack. Little did he know that a snack wasn't coming, but instead a pat on the belly and replacement of the binky. After this, I turned around and walked out of the room. Next came the saddest cry I have ever heard.
Little did I know that even though I had resolved to start night weaning, Reg didn't want anything to do with it.
I've decided we'll keep trying, but I'm not going to push the issue. The kid's 8 months, sleeps 11-12 hours a night, and usually only wakes up to snack once for about 10 minutes. That's almost perfect, right?
8 comments:
Oh! It's so hard isn't it? I eventually made Grace cry it out, but not until she was like 15 months old. They do say though, that the younger they are when you do it, the less time it takes.
What worked with Roman was the dream feeding right before I went to bed. He would eat and then sleep until morning. You never know what's going to work for your baby though. That's the hard part. Good luck! I hope you can get him sleeping through the night soon.
Yeah, night feedings are hard. We are STILL doing that and Will is 14 months.
Seriously, who wants to buy a tv instead of that car?? Brandon needs to work on his priorities. ;) I still don't get the HDTV thing though. Seriously, I can't tell the difference. Who's car is that you are driving?
ps. I like your house ;)
If he's not in your bed with you, you're already head and shoulders above Tad and me.
Elinor gets up about once a night (unless there is teeth in the picture) to eat. The nice thing is we can just give her a bottle, though. Elinor just gets SO hungry. Reg is big, too, so he might just take a little while. That is really nice that he sleeps that long, though.
We never lived in Lehi. We live in Riverton, right on the border of Herriman (just south of South Jordan and north of Point of the Mountain). Our new place is in Herriman, just about a mile away. We've lived in this apartment for a year and a half--the longest we've lived anywhere since we got married! Anyway, we will be in Henderson at the end of the month. I'll email you as it gets closer.
Stay strong, Em! You can tell when he really needs you - although those sad cries are heartwrenching. One night after we moved all day long, I was so tired, and one of the twins woke up... I thought, "I can't do this." and I just got up and closed the doors and went back to sleep. I have been very happy ever since! :)
Oh, the joys of motherhood. I can't believe he is eight months. Soon enough he'll be in the MTC and you won't sleep through the night. He is such a doll I don't know how you deny him anything. Good luck!
I love all your posts! Your house is so cute. I love your fireplace. I had to laugh about Brandon's negotiation with you about your camera. I say, when he graduates you get yourself that camera and say that it is YOUR graduation present. You are going through school with him. You deserve it. When you consider how much daycare is, you are saving him a bundle! :)
Good luck with the night feeding thing. I never had the heart to let them go without. Ashley slept through the night around 9 months.
Post a Comment