I'm having one of those days, so I'm going to pull a Pollyanna and play the Glad Game.
Here we go!
I'm glad my mascara decided to get super clumpy on the same day that my lip gloss, Burt's Bees chapstick, and all three eyeshadow compacts decided to run out. This allows me to embrace my natural beauty more and focus on accenting other areas of my face like an even skin tone. I may look washed out and albino, but that's the look I was going for!
I'm glad my purple t-shirt that perfectly matches my cute new shoes is now stained permanently from last weeks puking episode free of charge from Reggie. Now I get to wear my blue t-shirt with the bleach stain even more until I accept the fact that I'll wear the purple shirt anyway. An added bonus to this is that I now have one more reason to have Stacy and Clinton come my way.
I'm glad my trusty Chi straightener is beginning to die a slow, sometimes on/sometimes off death. This gives me a heads up that "Hey, it's time to buy a replacement," instead of being like my old blow dryer who unexpectedly died on me.
And lastly, I'm glad the screen on my cell phone has blackened, and I can't figure out how to fix it. It's more fun to try to remember the phone numbers of people in your address book than to just scroll down to their name. Maybe this little brain exercise will decrease my chances of getting Alzheimer's much like crossword puzzles are supposed to.
Ok, one more.
I'm glad that all these things that I'm "glad" (complaining) about are really just "stuff"--stuff that can be replaced eventually. I'm genuinely glad that all the "stuff" that really matters is still constant, reliable, and there when I need it most.
7 comments:
I think it may be time for me to play the glad game...
You are a good woman.
Of all the things I am glad for, the fact that Brandon talked the right woman into marrying him and being the mother of my grandboy tops the list. Hang in there. My dad always said, "They told me to hang in there, things could be worse, so I did and they were right--things got worse". He's such a kidder.
Sorry about your day! I hate it when I run out of everything and other things start breaking all at the same time. For some reason I feel better spending a little here and a little there on the same stuff than buying it all at once.
CHI's are suppose to have lifetime
guarantee. So maybe you can get a new one without having to pay for it.
My straightener is dying too. You are so optimistic! Good for you.
I am so glad that Reggie is sleeping through the night for you. That makes all the things going wrong, not so bad.
You're so funny! I'm sorry all of those things happened to you! But at the same time I'm glad to hear that someone else experiences the same things that I do! And reading bout Reg sleeping through the night really gives me hope that someday Grace will too! Well, hopefully!
I love you Em! And totally miss you!
Post a Comment