Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a wonderful day.

We ended up sticking around home this year. Brandon's finals start just this next Monday, so with that looming overhead, we felt it best to stay in town. Anyways, here's some pics from our fun day and some of my cooking adventures.



Everyone needs a turkey hat. Reg wasn't thrilled about his, but he let us get a picture (although, not the best).



Snuggling with Dad during the football games.



The veggie platter. Nothing adventurous here, but I thought it looked good.



mmm....Rolls. Again, not so adventurous, but yummy!



Here's an adventure--carrot souffle. It was really good. It was also very rich. We've maybe eaten a 2 x 2 square of it is all.



Another adventure. Pumpkin chocolate chips cookies. I've decided this wasn't the best recipe, but Reg enjoyed it.



And one more picture of the turkey hat.

We should have taken a picture of our 20 lb. bird, cream corn, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and jello, but we were too hungry at that point to get out the camera.

10 comments:

Brittnie said...

Sounds like you had a yummy day! We bought a turkey, but we aren't making it until like Sunday or something...I'm a little nervous! But it looks like you did a great job!

Erin said...

Looks like you had a good Thanksgiving. I love the little hats you make for Reggie on the holidays. They are cute! Looks like you made a great dinner. Did you make a 20lb turkey just for you guys or did you have people over? That's pretty big! I cooked my first turkey this year by myself and thankfully it turned out and tasted good! Yea for leftovers tomorrow after a long day in the kitchen, right?!

Ashley Clark said...

Good idea on sticking at home. Thanksgiving is hard to enjoy when you're stressing about finals, but it sounds like you had a fantastic feast. :)

Ashley Clark said...

Brandon, good luck on your final exams!

mommaj said...

if we would have known you were going to make hats, I would have loved to see Ryne, Trae and Grandpa J in one. Reggie looks very nice and Brandon looks pretty relaxed watching football. Give him a kiss on the forehead from me, both Reg and Brandon and I hope the boys "kissed the cook"!

Kristi said...

Very impressive! I made a spinach dip and called it a day. Everything looks good. Hopefully the at-home-studying makes a big difference. Good luck Brandon!

alanna said...

Looks like fun...and very delicious! I love the hat. I wish I had fun ideas like that for my boys. I need to get more creative.

Kelli Burton said...

the look on Reg's face w/ the hat on is pretty hilarious. and that shot of the boys - Reg's head looks about as big as Brandon's! too funny.

Becca said...

I love the turkey hat!

kiley said...

Your Thanksgiving food looks delish! Glad you had a good one.