Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yes, I saw it

Yup. I saw Twilight. Yup. I liked it.

I don't know that I loved it like I love the movies of Harry Potter, but it is a one that I will someday want the DVD.

I do wonder how someone who hasn't read the books, but just saw the movie would like it. I rented "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" this past week and liked it, but I have read all the books. I felt like there wasn't a running storyline that someone who hadn't read the books could follow along with. I kind of had that same feeling with Twilight. So if you're someone who has never read the book, but has just seen the movie, leave me your comments!

And not to be biased, but isn't my homeland BEAUTIFUL?!?! All those shots with the ginormous waterfall (I'm blanking right now, but I remember seeing it before the baseball game) were filmed at Multonomah Falls. There were also beautiful shots of the Columbia Gorge. Ahh...sweet Washington with all your sweet overcast skies and moss covered trees. I will be coming home soon!

6 comments:

Amy said...

SAW IT!!! Did you see the Stephenie Meyer cameo? All and all a good movie, but definately was low budget. I'm going back and starting the books again. Lame I know but I love the story!

Becky said...

I went and saw it too. I'm glad you liked it. I wanted to like it so badly, but have to admit I was really disappointed. There were parts I really liked, but where was the romance?! I wanted a lot more love and less Edward looking like he was going to throw up.

Cookie Dough said...

I saw it and liked it more than I thought I would. I am no fanatic by any means, but I did read the first book. The movie might even push me over the edge to read more of the series.

Becca said...

I haven't seen it yet, but our newspaper's movie critic saw it without having read the books and called it "blah." He was very put out on how there wasn't any sex and very little violence because those are what make vampire movies vampire movies. The newpaper allowed their onsight Twilight Fangirl to critique his critique and printed her handwritten comments in red directly in the article. She clarified it wasn't really a vampire movie, but a romance as Stephenie Meyer intended. I for one am glad to hear that Holywood didn't add a bunch of sex and violence, and look forward to seeing the movie soon!

Jenn said...

I saw it and liked it, but then, I went in with low expectations so I was pleasantly surprised.
And yes, it made me INCREDIBLY home sick.

alanna said...

My hubby (hadn't read the book) really liked it. In fact, we came home and he bought the soundtrack. 2 other friends husbands saw it without reading the books and really liked it too. So I'm excited that people who haven't read will like it...and their men! Yay. I was hoping it wouldn't be a total chick flick.
And I'm so looking forward to the next one. After this one there will be nothing low budget about the next few!