Sunday, March 1, 2009

To Honor a Legend

I don't keep up on the news very well, but I saw today that radio personality and newsman Paul Harvey has passed away. I'm sad.

My dad and I used to listen to Paul Harvey's morning show as he drove me to school in the morning when I was in junior high. I can remember his voice and inflections as he said "And now the rest of the story" and "This is Paul Harvey. Good day." He is associated with good memories from that time.

His memory is being tucked away with Ramblin' Rod, another television personality who is linked to good memories of watching cartoons with Tyson in the morning while eating breakfast before school.

So to Mr. Harvey, thanks.

5 comments:

Meridy said...

Oh my GOSH!! My dad and I would listen to Paul Harvey on the way to school in the morning too! My dad liked to imitate the "This is Paul Harvey. Good day."

Ah good times. I'm sad he's gone too.

mommaj said...

When I worked at the craft store at BYU we used to listen to him at work. I loved him. I have also used, his line "the rest of the story" teaching seminary. He was a great entertainer.

Becca said...

You make me wish I had heard of him sooner!

Kendall Watkins said...

you have to read this bachelor conspiracy. It is crazy www.realitysteve.com

kiley said...

I may have to take you up on that offer!! We're thinking of going to St. George or Vegas. That would be fun to see you guys again! I'll let you know!