Monday, March 23, 2009

What did you say?

I think it's time for a new post with some pics, but the better laptop is at school with Brando. I think my 8 year old Sony would die on me if I tried uploading images to blogger, so you'll just have to wait for pics of our spring break fun.

But for now, I'll give you a Reggie update.

The little one is talking now. He's got a little treasure of words, but I'm still waiting for that "verbal explosion" where he is saying something new every time I turn my head. For now, here's what we've gotten out of him.

Mama,
Dada,
Cheese,
Apple,
Up,
Baby,
Yes,
Poo Poo,
Yuck,
and an "arf arf" sound for a dog.

He's mimicked other words, but I think these are the ones we hear consistently. He's also walking all over our house, but gets a little shy in public. He will walk a few steps, but then try to get down and crawl if we're out and about.

It's funny how before he was a year, I would count his age by months up to 1. Now I'm counting down until nursery (about 3 1/2 months is all)!!!

3 comments:

mommaj said...

I looked at the list of words and I am almost sure that I know which words dada taught him. I know the feeling about the nursery count down--been there done that. We are so excited to see you in a couple of weeks. Grandpa and I may have some new words to teach.

Becca said...

I remember those days of counting down until nursery. We threw a party when that blessed day James turned 18 months old came along (remember? I posted about it).

That is cute about Reggie crawling in public, but walking at home. Maybe he knows that the longer he crawls the more upper body strength he'll have as an adult (supposedly).

James still hasn't said "apple" yet. All fruit are "pears" or "oranges." I'm not sure why he picked up on the word "pear" since he doesn't even like them. Maybe because it is so easy to say. And "yuck" is one of his current favorite words. "It's yuck!"

Thank you for leaving a comment on my "blessings of the temple" post. I agree that there is a great familiarity in gospel truths. I love you, Em!

Kacy said...

Ditto on the nursery countdown! That is awesome that he is talking. I love when Hailey talks, she also recently started saying poo poo and it cracks me up! :)