Yesterday I was flipping through channels and stumbled upon Paula Dean and her show on Food Network. I was amazed by what she was making.
Here's the recipe.
1 recipe "The Lady's Cheesy Mac" prepared, chilled in the refrigerator overnight, and cut into 15 squares
1 pound bacon
flour
2 eggs, beaten
Plain bread crumbs
Peanut oil, for frying.....YES, FRYING
Heat peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
Wrap each square of cheesy mac with 1 strip of bacon, and fasten with toothpick. Dredge each square in flour then egg and then bread crumbs to coat. Fry for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
Yes, Paula Dean just took Mac and Cheese, wrapped it in bacon, and then FRIED it! I can't decide if she represents all that is good in this world, or all that is wrong.
Either way, someone try this recipe (you can get her Mac and Cheese recipe here) and tell me if it's worth all the calories. :)
Here's the recipe.
1 recipe "The Lady's Cheesy Mac" prepared, chilled in the refrigerator overnight, and cut into 15 squares
1 pound bacon
flour
2 eggs, beaten
Plain bread crumbs
Peanut oil, for frying.....YES, FRYING
Heat peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
Wrap each square of cheesy mac with 1 strip of bacon, and fasten with toothpick. Dredge each square in flour then egg and then bread crumbs to coat. Fry for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
Yes, Paula Dean just took Mac and Cheese, wrapped it in bacon, and then FRIED it! I can't decide if she represents all that is good in this world, or all that is wrong.
Either way, someone try this recipe (you can get her Mac and Cheese recipe here) and tell me if it's worth all the calories. :)
5 comments:
So at the Texas State Fair they have all the fried foods you could ever imagine...fried oreos, fried mac and cheese, fried cheesecake, fried jelly beans, fried trouffles, fried snickers, and more. This year the newest and grandest was.....
CHICKEN FRIED BACON.
I tried it and thought it was disgusting.
ps. the others weren't too bad. in fact, the fried oreo was actually worth the calories =)
pps. on my blog, I have a category about 'discovering dallas'. I think i might have to blog about the texans' fetish for the deep fried =)
It can't possibly be worth it...
Eww...I feel sick just reading that. And fat. I actually feel fatter for having read that.
:)
Reg might like it. He does love Mac and Cheese...
Without trying her recipe, I will say that she represents everything that is wrong with the world. For this reason, I have never been able to watch her show. I think my arteries were clogging just reading this recipe!
Post a Comment