This post is TMI, disgusting, read at your own risk, and about poo. I've warned you.
Our water has been turned off this morning because of some work being done on our complex. It's not coming back on until 5. So I had from 7-9 to get things done that needed water. I got a load of laundry done, a cycle of dishes washed, Reggie bathed, and myself bathed all this morning before the water turned off. I filled up every container I could think of with water just in case. I thought I was doing good.
And then the not so good happened.
Some background for you. Reggie pooed just before going into the tub. Perfect timing, I thought. I debated tossing the contents in the toilet. I don't know why, but doing that totally grosses me out and I gag every time. But today is supposed to be 95, and I decided to just do it and save the dumpster some unwanted stink. So I changed his bum, plopped the poo in the toilet and flushed before sticking Reg in the tub. Little did I know that the poo I had plopped in the toilet had perfectly situated during the flushing process to block the hole, thus clogging the toilet and not even going down. But I didn't know this.
So at 8:57 I'm pulling clothes out of the dryer to put something on Reg (he'd just been running around in his dipe), and I hear him splashing in the toilet. Oh yes, it's the poo toilet. So at 8:58 I'm frantically trying to unclog the toilet so I can get one more flush in before the water turns off, sanitize his poopy hands in the sink before the water turns off, and sanitize my own hands before the water turns off.
I'm just glad he didn't try to "snack" on anything he found in there.
We just might spend the rest of the day at the Walgreens up the street to avoid anymore of these situations.
7 comments:
Yikes! That does not sound like fun! Sorry you had to go through that!
Plus, love the pictures of Reggie in the swim suit. I CANNOT believe how big he is! I can still remember when you posted the first pictures!
And, Reggie looks SO cute in his Easter clothes!
Hailey has played in a pee filled toilet before I noticed and freaked out. I can only imagine how horrible a poopy one would be. No fun!
You got to admit it makes a funny story:).
All that before 9:00 AM? Wow. I'm impressed.
These things always seem to happen when you plan so carefully. And I'm also impressed that you got all that done before 9. Way to go! And the poo? Just a minor mishap.
Boy, oh boy! Makes you wonder what the rest of the day will bring. I've been there with the no water thing--not fun--I hope 5 comes quickly. I always told my kids that I hoped they would have the same fascination with the toilet when they were old enough to clean it--no such luck.
Oh.. I think every baby has "play in the toilet with poo still in it" story...
BUT- REGGIE's story is very funny. I love it.
I also love the little NEMO outfit on him. So funny.
Post a Comment