Monday, June 29, 2009

July Already?

I can't believe it's almost July. I can't believe the 4th is this weekend. I can't believe Brandon's internship is almost over. I can't believe that my birthday has come around again. And I can't believe the D-Day counter on my cell phone has only 8 days left. What am I counting down to?

July 7th...The day Reggie turns 18 months...The day he can go to nursery without a parent...

But oh wait...

My child hates nursery. Heaven help us (quite literally).

We don't know what it is about nursery. He's been going a little bit for the last 6 weeks, and every week it's the same ordeal--he's screaming and crying and you think he's going to pass out the way he's gasping for air. And this is with us IN the room.

Like I said, heaven help us.

7 comments:

mommaj said...

I am afraid to tell you that nursery hatered may run in his genes--his father spent two years in sunbeams--he sort of skipped nursery and went straight to sunbeams when we moved to Diamond Bar (Bless you Sister Waters). An ever vigilant Primary president caught the mistake thus the two years in sunbeams. Too bad you don't have a sister condie--I am sure she is the only reason that Trae ever made it through the nursery experience. Good luck and buy ear plugs!

Rachel said...

Caralyn was terrified at first, but loves it now. It's funny how the age they start nursery is the age they are really clingy! Hopefully things get better! My fingers are crossed!

alanna said...

Good luck!
My boy loved nursery...so I can't help you here.
:)

Kristi said...

Best of luck. I wish there was some help I could give you...

Kacy said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip to Washington!
Hailey will be Reggie's friend in nursery!! I'm sure I will be in there with you a lot too at first.
p.s. I have one more of your food containers. I will give it to you when you guys come over and see the baby again.

Becca said...

As a nursery leader, let me give you some comfort: it will be all right. It is actually easier without the parent(s) there. Your nursery leaders will be able to handle the crying and the screaming. Reggie will learn to trust them and in time the screaming at separation will stop. Just drop him off, say goodbye (avoid trying to sneak out, that just makes it worse when he notices you are gone; also avoid letting him see you peek through the window or stepping into the room to check on him--it will start the separation anxiety all over again), and give the nursery leaders the chance to comfort him. We had a couple kids who were screamers at first. After a couple months, one now struts right into nursery with no problem. The other fusses at the initial separation, but quickly calms down in one of our arms and then enjoys the rest of nursery.

TulsaT said...

I agree with Becca above, once he learns to trust the leaders in there, he will be fine. Plus, we have awesome nursery workers!